These are a few more of my favorite peeves

PSUgrower

Re: These are a few more of my favorite peeves

Postby PSUgrower » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:48 pm

Blue&White wrote:Driving impairment is a really big issue with the legalizing of pot. Driving while stoned is as dangerous as driving while drunk

We will agree to disagree- it is not even close!

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:30 am

Am I misinterpreting what you're saying? Are you saying driving while stoned isn't dangerous?
41-33.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:24 am

There apparently have been a couple of studies done for states that recently legalized marijuana use. They indicated a very small increase in automobile accidents and no (statistically significant) increase in road fatalities.

I can't imagine that marijuana-induced driving fatalities are ever going to come remotely close to those associated with alcohol. I suspect booze is going to continue to dominate road fatalities by a massive margin. People get fall-down drunk all the time. I've seen people get high on weed many times, but I've never seen them staggering around like a zombie. I don't know if that's because marijuana is less "potent" than alcohol or if it's because smokers are more likely to be content with just a mild buzz.

We'll see, I guess.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:24 pm

Impaired has varied connotations.

Booze, reaction time, drunken stupor, etc.

High on weed, I don't know, I never experienced it.

Texting on cell phone, eyes off the road. Result is as fatal as the drunk so really, what is the difference, the motive? Is is a "hate crime"? Oh my the dreaded hate crime. Are not all crimes a mean spirited act against someone generally? Anyway, don't want to open a new can of worms when the current can is sufficient.

Driving while eating, doing your nails (hoping no one here is guilty of that one), driving while picking your nose, driving while shouting at the kids in the back seat (turning around and smacking one of them), driving while think of Salma Hayack dancing in From Dusk till Dawn.....that sir is DISTRACTING. 8-) :shock:
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:13 pm

Pet peeve: when people write "trooper" instead of "trouper". Nothing major but it just bugs me.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:07 pm

I doubt that most people know what a troupe is.

There's no business,
Like show business,
Like no business,
I knowwwwww ...

Me: Do I get the part?
Mrs psu_dad: No. You stink.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)