These are a few more of my favorite peeves

Blue&White

Re: These are a few more of my favorite peeves

Postby Blue&White » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:31 am

I'm no expert either but I don't think the forum works that way. Once you create an account I think you can post pretty much anything. If there was an easy solution I think Mark would have implemented it by now.
Is it baseball season yet?

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:32 pm

One of the senior execs just reached out to me and told me that an RFP my team has been sitting on for 3 months awaiting approval was now approved and needed to go out immediately and be conlcuded by end of January. I told him I'd have it out the morning of January 2nd. He wrote back and said he wants it out by Monday.

I told him I'd do my best and that he should expect a visit from 3 spirits this weekend. Seriously - WTF?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:48 pm

You load sixteen tons
And what do you get?
Another day older
And deeper in debt.
<snap, snap>

Mrs psu_dad: You're dating yourself again.
Me: That song came out like 2 years ago.
Klaatu barada nikto

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:48 pm

I think you tipped your hand, B-Dub. Should have given him a date in mid January...

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:52 pm

psu_dad wrote:You load sixteen tons
And what do you get?
Another day older
And deeper in debt.
<snap, snap>

Mrs psu_dad: You're dating yourself again.
Me: That song came out like 2 years ago.

Cause you owe your soul to the company store.
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:13 pm

I'm not gloating, boys, but retirement.....it's everything you could hope for and more. I had a pavlovian response to Bdubs post, having found myself in similar circumstances a few years back when my manager informed my team via conference call three weeks before christmas break that we'd be working that week. He also informed us he' d be working right alongside us because we had launched a new product the previous fall, and he didn't want to lose momentum. "So, what do you guys think," he asked. Dead silence. "C'mon, guys, think of all the money you'll make," he said, exasperation now registering in his voice. More dead silence. What I really wanted to say: "yeah, great...FU asshole."
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:45 pm

So, I've been working on this deal for the past 7 months. I'm pretty much done and just trying to get it approved. It's one of the most complex transactions I've ever dealt with and it has a lot of moving parts. But, after a long, difficult negotiation, we are at the end. And, it's a really good deal for my company. The implications are far reaching, it will help us grow over the next 5 years while containing costs. I'm really proud of what I was able to negotiate. I've been doing this a long time and I make it a point to never have an emotional invested in the outcome as you never know when a deal will get scrapped for reasons that have nothing to do with me. But, I'm fairly proud of this one.

There is one small catch to it: it requires us to pay several hundred million dollars up front. It's complicated as to why, and you have to trust me that it doesn't really add to the risk by paying up front. But, it's a lot of cash out the door.

So, my finance team has been involved with this for months. Up until 2 weeks ago they were completely on board. Then they started to get squirrelly over the upfront payments. Today was a big exec review for final approval. Our exec told my boss and I to sit with finance and get them on board. We spent days with them, culminating on a meeting yesterday with the CFO to make sure they were good. At the end of the meeting they said they were ok and had no further questions.

So, at 430 this afternoon my boss and our exec go to present this to our President. She asks the group finance exec if he supports the deal. The same exec we spent hours with, answered all his questions and told us he was ok.

And the weasel says "no".

I hate weasels. They are my pet peeve.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:31 am

You should have gone Angry Elf on his ass.

Klaatu barada nikto

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:15 pm

I am ready to go Angry Elf about now.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:22 pm

On a business trip and started with company travel agency losing all my profile info messing up my flight reservations and TSA pre-check, took an artic shower this morning - not my preference by any means - and arrived to find our plant here had started trial before my arrival (not a bad thing) but had used the wrong material (that is a bad thing).

And they are calling for snow on my return travel day.

I think I woke and became B&W.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall