These are a few more of my favorite peeves

hbendle

Re: These are a few more of my favorite peeves

Postby hbendle » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:01 pm

I hear those things are awfully loud.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:03 pm

I consider the fact that I've never had to take public transportation to work to be one of the crowning achievements of my life. In reality, it's mostly luck. Most of the white collar jobs in the city are in the financial, medical and insurance industries. The bulk of the high tech industry in MA is located along the Route 128 corridor in the suburbs. Thankfully.
Fire Alex Cora

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:44 am

Traveling again this week. To avoid the headaches of having to get to Newark for a Monday morning flight, as well as the headaches of dealing with the busiest travel day of the week, I decided to leave last night.

Thanks to thunderstorms my 7:14 flight took off at 11:25. I just woke up (7:30) and I'm beat. On like 4 hours sleep.

Flying sucks.
Baseball season!!!!

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:37 pm

Another flight. Another delay. Yippee.
Baseball season!!!!

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:47 pm

Not having the opportunity to travel on business is not one of my pet peeves. That said, I may have to visit the office next week, which is an annoying imposition. I was just there, like, 5 months ago.
Fire Alex Cora

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:17 pm

It's not all bad.

The division CFO is very concerned about our numbers. And, he wants to sit with me and figure out how the various negotiations my team leads will fit in and contribute to our forecast. It's a very detailed discussion and he called me to tell me he needs me in person in his office. In two weeks. And, he's based in Chicago.

Anyway, by sheer happenstance the Mets are playing the Cubs in Chicago the exact days I'll be out. And, he's got season tickets.

Works for me.
Baseball season!!!!

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:52 pm

My desktop computer has been invaded by a program that constantly opens or redirects me to an advertising, survey or security site. Occasionally, a website named Daily 360 pops up as my default homepage. I've googled the problem in search of a fix but can't rid myself of the app since it appears to be well hidden. I have run Norton deep scan to no avail and it does not show up in the install/uninstall page. Has anyone had this problem and, if so, how did you defeat it? Mad is GETTING ANGRY!!!!
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:57 pm

I don't recall that particular problem, but I've had decent success with the Malwarebytes software. They have a free version you can download.
Fire Alex Cora