These are a few more of my favorite peeves

psu_dad

Re: These are a few more of my favorite peeves

Postby psu_dad » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:32 pm

Kale is good for you. High in vitamins and dietary minerals. I'll hook you up with the recipe for my World Famous kale soup.

Mrs psu_dad: How come everything you cook is "world famous"?
Me: Your jealousy is so transparent.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:46 am

Guys at my office who know how to turn on speakerphone but don't realize it doesn't require shouting and then also don't know how a door works - thus including everyone within a 20 foot radius on their conference call.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:07 am

At my first job, I had a private office for years. When the company was sold by the original founder, the new owner tore down all the interior walls and replaced the offices with cubicles. At that point, my days there were numbered. I suppose if you've worked in a open "bullpen" all your life, a cubicle is great. If you were fortunate enough to work in a private office all your life, a cubicle is a friggin nightmare.

I work from my home office now, which is basically Heaven on Earth.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:03 am

Guys who take handicapped parking spaces - at a gym - go into gym and do vigorous WO or run on treadmill / play basketball and then when leaving said gym smoke their tires.

Really? I mean I don't like walking in the rain or cold either but .... Really? Is walking the extra 30 feet going to cost you a rep or something?

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:20 am

sameoldlama wrote:Guys who take handicapped parking spaces - at a gym - go into gym and do vigorous WO or run on treadmill / play basketball and then when leaving said gym smoke their tires.

Really? I mean I don't like walking in the rain or cold either but .... Really? Is walking the extra 30 feet going to cost you a rep or something?

That is kind of hilarious! I am picturing an older gentleman going bald. He is wearing a red, white and blue headband. He strolls confidently to his car rocking out in his velvet sweat suit.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:28 am

Agree w/ llama on the hdqp spaces although I attend no gyms to attest to his particular peeve. Mine is mostly everywhere else....watching potentially non hdqp (this is a fine line as I may qualify on a visual level) trotting into a store, restaurant, etc. out of a giant SUV where a hdqp person would have a difficult time imo exiting and entering..... But a visual w/o attending evidence is not valid generally as many hdqp's do not readily provide visual proof of malady. So I'm a hdpq monger'er protesting the malingerers, part time.

AND I'm a big fan of medical ins. Got my bill yesterday (64K for 15 mins surgery, out the door in 3 hrs.) from a Jan. 3rd surgery at nearly 3K to me for half of my deductible and a nice co pay to boot. I think I'm $15 from my individual OOP max for the year by Jan 3rd, I hope. Sweet, there goes the tax refund and we won't file for a month. Could be worse, could be in a third world feece hole "hospital" w/o anesthetic and a lower bill, I'll pay here thank you. Grouse complete. Have to add that the ins. co. did not pay the full charged 64K but about 23K as I remember.
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:50 am

No - this was a young guy - may have been rocking a man bun (to you younger guys who still have hair - don't do this) and he was driving a two tone Challenger Sport.

This just falls into my whole pet peeve - I'd love to see one of these jerks get towed - but it falls into my pet peeve of - we don't have laws and rules if we don't enforce the laws and rules. So who should I be mad at - the guy who parks there or the police who drive by it and don't ticket or tow him?

To crossover - I get people coming into US illegally to escape untenable situations - I don't think it's right but I get why - I am more bothered by the people I pay to enforce the rules we all agreed should be in place.

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:01 pm

sameoldlama wrote:Guys who take handicapped parking spaces - at a gym - go into gym and do vigorous WO or run on treadmill / play basketball and then when leaving said gym smoke their tires.

Add to this is (of course) the guy whose BMW M-whatever or Tesla is so precious that it needs two parking spaces. In my harebrained youth I was known to wedge my compact junker into the tiny-ized space next to said a-hole driver's car such that he needed to get in it from the passenger side. The violence of current times precludes that response however. I now have to pay the nearest homeless guy to take a dump on the driver's door handle.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:52 pm

Those guys are small potatoes compared to my peeve! :D

For me, it's the complete assholes who insist on parking or standing in the fire lane in front of the grocery store. Talk about grinding my gears. Park your freaking car you jerk! And because I'm 47 and still can't control my mouth if someone is waiting in the car (driver or passenger) I will always say very loudly "oh look, here's some of the special people." If I disappear abruptly from this site it's probably because someone finally shot me.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:08 pm

Shore - I'd prefer you get a gun and shoot them - PSU / Orioles fans are a rare and dying breed - well at least the Orioles part.

And apparently their relatives in my town because I see this all the time too - also on the daily at the K-Mart next to my gym. Aside from the whole look at me aspect it presents a safety hazard when they are near (or in) crosswalks and can prevent passing cars from seeing pedestrians.

I've said this before - we all claim to like laws and rules but what people really like is other people following laws and rules and getting to pick and chose which ones they will abide by.