These are a few more of my favorite peeves

Blue&White

These are a few more of my favorite peeves

Postby Blue&White » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:47 am

Yes, darling, you look absolutely stunning in the yoga pants and tank top. Thanks for brightening up my morning. But, despite how good you look, I'm not even slightly aroused by your sweat dripping off the machine you just got off. In fact .... blech! (we need a puking emoji).

The towels and cleaner are 3 feet away from you. It takes an extra 2 minutes to spray a towel and wipe down the machine when you are done. And, there are signs everywhere reminding you to wipe the machines down, so it's not like you could really forget.

I know you think you're special because you look good in the outfit but, trust me, you're not. And your sweat stinks as much as mine does. And the last thing I need is to get sick from whatever germs you are spreading. So, wipe the freaking machine down. Seriously, how hard is that?

Carl Spackler

Re: These are a few more of my favorite peeves

Postby Carl Spackler » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:30 pm

Hoping that wasn't an autobiography. ;)

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:28 pm

Wouldn't it be simpler to get a NordicTrack so you don't have to mingle with The Great Unwashed?

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:14 pm

I'd never use it. I prefer to complain about people not wiping down the machines.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:10 pm

Pet peeves. I've wasted too much of my life on pet peeves and there are so many. I'm still getting up each morning and living above the sod so given my situation that is pretty good, could be better but could easily be much worse. Plus, there are so many others with major limiting situations in their lives that complaining about a small issue like the DMV, etc. seem trivial, annoying but trivial. Things could be much worse folks. One day a regular on this board will pass on and that truly will be a sad day. Shalom

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:04 am

Doing 35 in a 45 during peak commuting time. Doubt I need to elaborate.

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:27 am

Getting screwed at the grocery store checkout line. In-aisle price says "2 for $5.00" on item that is normally $3.98. Cashier pulls out her current store sale sheet and concludes "it's not showing up here." Unspoken end of her thought is "...so you must be wrong." No, I'm not wrong. Here - keep your effing items, I don't want them anyway - and now you can pay someone to restock them.

This is happening more and more frequently at the two main stores where I shop. Occasionally an ass't mgr is working the register and will actually go in to the aisles to check, or will send someone. I've never yet been wrong and have not yet made a stink, but the latter is fast approaching. :x

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:50 am

*** LOG CABIN ALERT ***

I worked in a supermarket when I was in college. That was back before bar codes when you used those ink-based thingies to stamp a price on each item. We also had an "eraser". It looked like a roll-on deodorant, but it contained ink remover. When an item went on sale, all the items currently on the shelf had to have the regular price removed and the sale price stamped on.

It was labor-intensive, but pretty fool-proof. Not to mention that the ink-based price-stamper thingie came with a cool leather holster for your belt. It was a total chick magnet.

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:24 pm

psu_dad wrote:I worked in a supermarket...

I had a sneaking suspicion you were the root cause of my problems.

:shock:

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:26 pm

I worked at a convienece store between colleges. Until one guy came at me with a crowbar and his buddy pulled out a 9mm, that is. We had the same type of thing to price merchandise, had to manually enter it into the register AND figure out the change. I would have sold JG one item at the discount price!