These are a few more of my favorite peeves

psu_dad

Re: These are a few more of my favorite peeves

Postby psu_dad » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:01 pm

Ever since tele-conferencing became popular, the amount of travel that people do at my company has dropped quite a bit. I haven't traveled on business in years. In the olden days, if you wanted to hold a meeting for a large project that involved other companies in other parts of the country, your only choice was to fly to a single location. Now, all the conference rooms at my company (and the companies we deal with) are fitted with state-of-the art tele-conferencing equipment and ginormous video displays.

And the beauty part is that I can tele-conference from my home office in my Spiderman pajamas (as long as I turn the camera off). Working at home in Spiderman pajamas vs flying is pretty close to "money for nothing and your chicks for free".
Fire Alex Cora.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:12 pm

I would have figured you as more of an Unerdog guy when it comes to PJ’s.

I am amazed at the teleconferencing technology that is out there. I was disappointed when I installed a system on one of our ships, not with the security encryption or fiber work, but they wanted to use an old 26” standard tv rather than an HD screen or projector. It is odd where they try to cut corners...

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:15 am

I would have figured you as more of an Unerdog guy when it comes to PJ’s.

Underdog rocks, but capes are a PITA. They get snagged on my office chair.
Fire Alex Cora.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:41 pm

Same guys did the Beaver Stadium seating layout. All butts measure 14 inches. :? :x

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:59 am

I had a little more luck than B&W on first leg of my trip - slow start with TSA line down for upgrades but it was ABE so still only 10 mins to get through security. Then - just before boarding started "sameoldlama please come to the ticket counter" .... 1st class upgrade. And the side of aisle with only one seat. Heaven.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:49 am

Fire Alex Cora.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:20 pm

So, here's one from earlier tonight. I leave the office at 6:30 and my wife asked me to pick up some food on the way home for the kids (she was out). So, I call Older Son, tell him where I plan to go and ask him what he wants. He tells me, no problem. Then the following discussion occurs:

Me: can you put your brother on so I can ask him what he wants?
Me: Ok, go down stairs and put him on.
Me: Just go downstairs and ask him what he wants!
Me: Grrrrrrrrr.......!

UFB
Hire Alex Cora

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:43 pm

You do KNOW why he was indisposed, right? ............next a trip to the optometrist. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:34 pm

This isn't so much a peeve but we don't have a chutzpah thread.

So, my gym is in an old strip mall and right next to the gym is a sleazy looking liquor store (location, location, location). In front of the liquor store are 2 handicapped parking spots. The 2 spots are normal spots but next to them you have an extra blued out area. So, if someone has a van with one of those wheelchair platforms that get lowered, there is room for it. You've probably seen handicap parking like this where you live.

Anyway, when I got to the gym this morning, some guy had parked on that blued out area, basically taking out both handicapped parking spots at one shot. And, as you could well imagine, he did not have handicap plates or a hang tag. I was tempted to go into the liquor store and look for the driver and say something, but you have to figure he did that purposely, and that's the kind of thing where you know they are almost waiting for you to say something about it. As we've discussed here, people are crazy and it's best to not antagonize them. Look what happened to that poor guy on the NYC subway who was staring off into space last week.
Hire Alex Cora

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:58 am

Blue&White wrote:This isn't so much a peeve but we don't have a chutzpah thread.

Anyway, when I got to the gym this morning, some guy had parked on that blued out area, basically taking out both handicapped parking spots at one shot. And, as you could well imagine, he did not have handicap plates or a hang tag. I was tempted to go into the liquor store and look for the driver and say something, but you have to figure he did that purposely, and that's the kind of thing where you know they are almost waiting for you to say something about it. As we've discussed here, people are crazy and it's best to not antagonize them. Look what happened to that poor guy on the NYC subway who was staring off into space last week.

Asshats like this one act that way precisely because they know most people won't say anything. Those that do will get a big FU in the very least with the threat of violent escalation a real possibility. Nobody wants to get cold-cocked from behind or worse; thus, we remain silent figuring that it won't matter anyway because said asshat enjoys being a confrontational asshat.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.