These are a few more of my favorite peeves

Blue&White

Re: These are a few more of my favorite peeves

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:08 pm

So, I spent 3 hours this afternoon in a small room with a number of people including a woman who apparently submersed herself in perfume this morning. My eyes started to sting the minute she walked in. It was so overwhelming I can't even tell you if it smelled good or bad. It was just a smell and it was everywhere. I'm going to get home tonight and my wife is going to be giving me some seriously funny looks because I'm sure I now smell like that woman's perfume.

The meeting ended 45 minuts ago and my eyes are still watering. Why do women do that? And, is it impolite to ask them not to wear so much perfume that you have to fear for their safety if you someone light a match near them for fear the air around them will catch on fire and ultimately burn her and everyone within her immediate vicinity to death?
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

psudelco

Postby psudelco » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:53 pm

How was U2? SAw the set list and wasn't impressed TBH I haven't been impressed since late 90s U2. I saw them @ wfc a few yrs back and between Bono pontificating and length of show it turned me off to seeing you hem again. I'll stick to Pearl Jam and their 3hr shows which vary from night to night

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:49 pm

They were good and I liked the set list. Good mix of various eras. I was surprised by how much from the early albums they did.

As for PJ, I'm going to bith Seattle shows in August. Can't wait.

I'm also seeing Paul Simon Saturday night. Foo fighters in August. Lots of summer music.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:28 pm

I am heading to see the Foo Fighters in July! Probably my all time favorite band

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:48 pm

We saw them when they were around a few years ago, just after Grohl broke his leg. It was one of the best concerts I've seen. It far exceeded expectations. They played for about 3 hours and he has fun with the whole experience. I've been to concerts where the band seems like they are just going through the motions and don't seem that interested in the quality of the performance. That was not the Foo Fighters. If you've not seen them before, you'll have a great time. I can't wait for that show.

Right now my summer music schedule is Paul Simon on Saturday. Foo Fighters in July. In August we see Pearl Jam twice in Seattle, fly home and then that Tuesday see the Counting Crows with Live. Then in October we see the Goo Goo Dolls. We see a few comedians in that time as well.

Btw, if you are at all a Counting Crows fan look on Groupon. My wife and I see them every summer. They are always on tour and you can always buy tickets on Groupon. We pay like $30 or $40 for 2 tickets and see them every year.We're not huge CC fans but they always put on a good show and the tickets are really cheap. Sometimes we see them twice in a summer if the tickets get low enough (like $15 for GA).

psudelco

Postby psudelco » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:44 pm

Damn I'm jealous, seeing PJ in Seattle, I was hoping they'd do a citizens Bank show in Philly. Still deciding on Foo's, going to Social Distortion in Sept and then the Jayhawks, couple of other shows I'm keeps ng my eyes on.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:07 pm

Where is Social Distortion playing? I may loom into that one.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:27 pm

I can't find it on youtube but I downloaded the Foo Fighters at the Ed Sullivan Music theatre about 4 years ago and it is one helluva concert. It is about 2 hours long and absolutely fantastic. Dave commands the stage and i listen to him once a week on spotify. I love his acoustic stuff.

BTW, you heading to the concert at BB&T in Camden?

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:46 pm

Social D

Sept 11 - Tempe - we can crash at Tempe's
Sept 28 - Philly Electric Factory
Sept 29 - Silver Spring Maryland - Filmore
Sept 30 - Sea Hear Now Festival - Asbury

Note : Sept 29 PSU vs OSU and Sep 30 NYG vs Saints

Plan accordingly. And Asbury is near Monmouth Race Track which as of today has sports gambling.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:35 am

I have no tickets to concerts for the summer at this point, but was considering Counting Crows since we can get $25 lawn seats. We are going to see Christopher Titus as the local comedy club next month, and I hope that is a blast! Most of our recreational money went into a pair of used kayaks earlier this month (Happy Father's Day to me) and a trip to Orlando. We went eight years ago to celebrate my retirement from the Navy and my older sons graduation from high school. My youngest graduated last week and we asked him how he wanted to celebrate, expecting to end up along the south east coast golfing, but he wants to do Disney and Universal again, so we will be there the first week in July. Looking forward to their fireworks, for sure.