These are a few more of my favorite peeves

psu_dad

Re: These are a few more of my favorite peeves

Postby psu_dad » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:54 pm

You had better not. It really ties the room together.

Also, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:31 pm

Also, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please.

The chinaman is not the issue here.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Nat@PSU

Postby Nat@PSU » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:01 am

Carl Spackler wrote:Didn't view the video. Read varying comments on the incident and commented on media reporting what they want, letting out facts pertinent but that would change public opinion, etc. The Sandusky case is classic because the media chose a victim, Joe, and crucified him yet he didn't comment the crime. If we don't recognize media reporting to their own belief system by now I don't think we ever will. It's not new but its become virulent and malignant at this point.

As an aside, Carl is officially pack'n as of 2:00 p.m. today. Better be careful out there, another one walks among you, concealed and accurate.

Do you not see the irony in this comment? This is basically this incident's version of "No I didn't read the Freeh Report, I just watched ESPN."
- Nat

Let's Go State!!

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:43 am

Things turning around for lama - made it out of Philly - though that flight to Dallas is a long one. Second flight to McAllen had a minor bit of bad luck - guy who sits next me took wrong seat - and took it from a smaller dude - who didn't talk incessantly, or play pee-a-boo with the toddler in front of us, or smell like an ashtray, or start hammering down Canadian Clubs - but I'll give him credit - he was originally from Ohio but wasn't an OSU fan or a PSU hater and when I mentioned PSU he didn't go into a Joe knew rant.

But the plant here is doing an expansion, the AC is working fabulously - even in the production area. Checking in at border and getting my work permit was painless and the team here has all the tooling components ready for my trial and should be doing line changeover on time. I feeling much more optimistic.

And I spent my layover re-applying for my Global Entry membership - so that's in progress. I would again strongly urge any frequent traveler (even if you just drive between US and either Mexico / Canada) to look into it. Huge time and hassle saver.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:07 am

Blue&White wrote:Lama and i will be sending a Chinaman to pee on your rug sometime this week.

Also, Bdub, Chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:11 am

I would again strongly urge any frequent traveler (even if you just drive between US and either Mexico / Canada) to look into it. Huge time and hassle saver.

How do you use your KTN when you drive? I'm driving to Canada with the family end of the month and I didn't even think of that.i just have the number, not a card or anything.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:32 am

I believe if you go on the US Customs website you can set up an account and request a card - when I had NEXUS for expedited travel into Canada I actually had a photo ID that I got at the Toronto airport. Since you do travel frequently I suspect you can do yours at Philly airport in conjunction with a trip

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:41 am

I just realized you're talking global entry and I'm talking TSA pre check. Not the same thing. I had GE but it expired. Guess I wait online with the unwashed masses.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:49 am

NEXUS get you expedited travel in Canada and Sentri gets you expedited travel in Mexico - including by car.

I believe GE, Nexus and Sentri are all enhanced trusted traveler programs that include TSA pre-check.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:50 am

So, I just boarded my flight and it's the best experience I've had in years. Security was a breeze. Flight not only boarded on time, but but boarding was simple. People waited their turn and it wasn't a free for all. It was the opposite of every experience the past 2 or so years.

It's been nice knowing all of you, but I'm pretty sure this flight is doomed and we're all going to die in a crash.