These are a few more of my favorite peeves

Blue&White

Re: These are a few more of my favorite peeves

Postby Blue&White » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:51 pm

I bet that kind of stuff doesn't happen in Jackie Treehorn's neighborhood, either.
Is it baseball season yet?

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:36 pm

psu_dad wrote:While this has always been a "feature" of city living, it seems to be creeping into suburbia as well. I've been approached a couple of times in the last year or so. Once at a gas station and once in a Home Depot parking lot. In neighboring towns, of course. The Chief of Police in Snobville would never tolerate that.

Let me make something plain. I don't like you sucking around bothering our citizens. I don't like your jerk-off name. I don't like your jerk-off face. I don't like your jerk-off behavior. And I don't like you. Jerk-off.

Hey, man...Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:14 pm

Does Jackie Treehorn room with Who's Dan Morgan? I don't know either. ;)

E.g. the beggars: You need a strategy, "What a coincidence, I just got out of jail too, all I have is my 9mm, wanna see it?"
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:36 pm

A good family friend was just charged with DUI due to smoking marijuana the night before. He says he last smoked marijuana at 10 PM (I truly believe him as he really doesn't have any reason to lie) and was pulled over a little after 10 AM (That is on the court records). They took blood at the hospital and it came back positive for THC. This is the kicker, even if he smoked weed 2 days before, the test would come back positive! I feel bad for the person as he wasn't truly stoned when he was pulled over. It would be like getting drunk the night before and then the police pulling you over the next day after dinner and charging you with DUI even though you didn't touch alcohol for 18 hours. To top it off they charged him with reckless endangerment because there was another person in the car. Needless to say, this young man is now not a fan of the cops because he was honest with them about the pot in the car and the last time he smoked. Anywho, I hope he has 5 grand to defend himself!

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:46 am

Grower, It's my understanding from medical laboratory professionals that MJ THC can be detected up to 21 days in a blood analysis. CBD can be detected up to 5 days in a urine screen. I did some research due to medical use becoming legal here and potential for pre-use trials without being detected. In any event, your friend is in a bad spot.

As noted by others, the corrections system is overflowing with pot users, nonviolent men learning to become criminals from criminals. Overzealous DEA agents, local LEO"s and all in between make a living out of this crime. It's an easy mark, little change of someone shooting back, generally regular type people who use for whatever reason or for medical purposes. Not unlike all the traffic tickets written for "safety" what a crock. Making money, more money.

Shareholders of private corrections companies are being notified to expect reduced stock appreciation due to legalization of pot. All the pot arrests may be going away soon. Barney Fife will have to find someone else to hassle. ;)
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:59 am

Needless to say, this young man is now not a fan of the cops because he was honest with them about the pot in the car and the last time he smoked

Turns out honesty is not the best policy after all. Go figure. But, seriously, what did he think the cops were going to do after he confessed to having an illegal drug in the car?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:02 am

Massachusetts is wrestling with this right now. Officials admit there is no reliable/objective way to establish driver impairment due to weed. Blood testing is useless, because THC can remain in your system long after any impairment has passed.

But fear not. They have established a task force. (Task forces rock!) I wasn't included, for some reason. Anyhoo, these geniuses have been tasked to "conduct a comprehensive study on drug-impaired driving regulations and then submit a report with recommendations, if any, to the legislature by January 2019". My recommendation is that suspects be given a math problem and if they can solve it, they're free to go.

A train leaves Chicago traveling 80 mph ...

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:24 pm

Driving impairment is a really big issue with the legalizing of pot. Driving while stoned is as dangerous as driving while drunk. And, there is no easy way to validate who is impaired and who is not. I am all for legalizing pot but that is a serious downside to the whole thing. And, there needs to be some solution to it before people start getting killed.

I'm curious if the states who have legalized pot have had any kind of uptick in road accidents. Probably too early to really assess the data.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:46 pm

I'm allowed to have 6 marijuana plants on my property for each person in my household (12 plants total).

Mrs psu_dad: That's not happening.
Me: Stop pooping in my punch bowl.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:50 pm

So much for the BBQ at dad's house.