These are a few more of my favorite peeves

Blue&White

Re: These are a few more of my favorite peeves

Postby Blue&White » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:09 pm

It's not a big crew and they are all working. I have no complaints about the effort. Apparently the sewers are leaking and they need to fix it. It is a pain but they say it will be largely done by Friday and the road repairs will be done in the spring (we all are getting some gravel to hold us over).

My complaint was the guy hit the wire, stopped, and then decided to go forward and ripped it all down. That was the moronic part of it. But, the crew themselves are working and getting the job done.

You want to see guys standing around doing nothing, the crews that have been working on 95 since I moved here 10 years ago ago are the guys to go see.
Is it baseball season yet?

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:29 pm

Shore Lion wrote:As I've mentioned previously, I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut when people act like a-holes. My main pet peeve is people parking/stopping in fire lanes in front of stores. I don't fly often but as we've discussed it is generally a pain. While the airlines deserve their share of the grief people in general do too. Case in point, last week while boarding several flights I kept seeing jerks putting their carry on in the overhead bins in the front of the plane even though they were way in the back. Then when the folks up front boarded there was no place to put their bags because you can't expect people to try to force their way to the back in hopes there is space and then get back up front while everyone is still up.

Anyway, on the last of my flights I saw yet another guy do this. I was sitting right up front so I glared at him and he asked me what my problem was. So I told him he was being a jerk. He said whatever and moved to the back of the plane. Well a nice old lady gets on the plane and there is no place for her bag to go. So I did what any responsible and respectful male would do. I got the guys bag, handed it to the flight attendant and said she could check my bag so this lady can keep her bag with her. She thanked me for being so nice. Hahaha. Man, I wish I could have seen that guys face when he tried to find his bag.

And this is why I'm going to hell.

Classic but it has to be uncomfortable sitting in a plane seats with balls the size of coconuts. Thanks though from all the rule abiding frequent flyers - it's guys like the one you pranked that make difficult enough to tolerate experience of flying that much more miserable.

I've way tamped down confronting random a-holes in public unless there is s definitive negative consequence to myself or someone of meaning to me (or if someone I view as being bullied for no reason) - mainly because the overreaction we so in so many incidents in today's society and as demonstrated by the shooting incident over the HC parking spot in Florida.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:29 pm

PSUgrower wrote:
Blue&White wrote:The sewer lines on my road are leaking and need to be replaced. Their has been a crew in front of my house for over a week and the road is closed to all but local traffic.

Mr. Perfect and his THEIR

Ummmmm....not trying to pee in your porridge, G, but the "there" in reference to "there wasn't another parking space" is correct. So now you can feel free to pee in my porridge because I find myself making grammatical mistakes more often than I care to admit. :oops:
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:32 pm

Shore Lion wrote:As I've mentioned previously, I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut when people act like a-holes. My main pet peeve is people parking/stopping in fire lanes in front of stores. I don't fly often but as we've discussed it is generally a pain. While the airlines deserve their share of the grief people in general do too. Case in point, last week while boarding several flights I kept seeing jerks putting their carry on in the overhead bins in the front of the plane even though they were way in the back. Then when the folks up front boarded there was no place to put their bags because you can't expect people to try to force their way to the back in hopes there is space and then get back up front while everyone is still up.

Anyway, on the last of my flights I saw yet another guy do this. I was sitting right up front so I glared at him and he asked me what my problem was. So I told him he was being a jerk. He said whatever and moved to the back of the plane. Well a nice old lady gets on the plane and there is no place for her bag to go. So I did what any responsible and respectful male would do. I got the guys bag, handed it to the flight attendant and said she could check my bag so this lady can keep her bag with her. She thanked me for being so nice. Hahaha. Man, I wish I could have seen that guys face when he tried to find his bag.

And this is why I'm going to hell.

And this is just one of the reasons why I'm going to hell. There, fixed that for you.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:54 pm

PittGradPSUMad wrote:
PSUgrower wrote:
Blue&White wrote:The sewer lines on my road are leaking and need to be replaced. Their has been a crew in front of my house for over a week and the road is closed to all but local traffic.

Mr. Perfect and his THEIR

Ummmmm....not trying to pee in your porridge, G, but the "there" in reference to "there wasn't another parking space" is correct. So now you can feel free to pee in my porridge because I find myself making grammatical mistakes more often than I care to admit. :oops:

I'm lost. I bolded the wrong their. Maybe I missed something. Their are so many opinions out they're

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:26 am

People backing into parking spots. This seems to be a new fad, like everyone has to make a quick getaway when they are leaving. Just pull into the damn spot.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:30 am

Guilty. But I'll pull head first if another car is behind me. And, yes, I like the quick get away.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:53 am

With the weather changes my tires are dropping pressure. Normal event this time of year. The nice thing about my Acura is it not only tells you that you need air, but also tells you which tire and the psi of all the tires. It's a nice feature.

Anyway, on my way from the gym to the office I pulled into a gas station to get air in the tire. I pull up to the air hose.

Me (looking incredulous at the coin slot for the air hose): you want $1.00 for air? (to know one in particular)

Gas Station Attendant: Of course, air ain't free you know.

Me (takes deep breath): I'm pretty sure that it is, though.

Screw that. I'm not paying for air. There is a gas station on my way home that doesn't charge.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:18 am

There's a Mobil nearby that still has free air, but that has become increasingly rare around here.
Klaatu barada nikto

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:57 am

There's a Mobil nearby that still has free air, but that has become increasingly rare around here.