These are a few more of my favorite peeves

Shore Lion

Re: These are a few more of my favorite peeves

Postby Shore Lion » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:35 am

One of the best little investments I've made, and by little I mean like 20 bucks, was to get an air pump that plugs into the power port in the car. It's small enough to fit in the storage area in the back yet has a long enough cord so you can reach every tire. Has saved me more than once.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:56 am

I had one of those. It broke and I need to get a new one. I may go do that this weekend, actually. But, doesn't give you the same work-out as the manual bicycle pump!
Is it baseball season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:05 am

What Shore said. I've actually been considering investing in one. The problem is that Amazon has 17,000 different models and I can't make up my mind.

---------------------

There's another cool thing that I was unaware of until I recently looked for a new set of jumper cables. You can actually get a set now with a small rechargeable battery attached so you don't need a second car to jump yours. Is this a great country, or what?
Klaatu barada nikto

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:47 am

You can actually get a set now with a small rechargeable battery attached so you don't need a second car to jump yours. Is this a great country, or what?

That is awesome. There is, however, one slight flaw: what are the odds you're going to keep that battery charged? You're going to buy it, through it in the trunk of your car and 2 years from now when you need it you'll be like "uh oh" because you never charged the battery.

But, if you can stay on top of it, that's a great product. I should look for that.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:11 pm

You're right about the "flaw". If you're not going to recharge it occasionally, you're wasting your money.

The good news is that the batteries are not large and can be re-charged from the car socket while you're driving. I think the key is to store the battery under the passenger seat or in the glove compartment so it's not a chore to recharge it. And you can also use them to re-charge cell phones, tablets, etc.
Klaatu barada nikto

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:42 pm

Blue&White wrote:Screw that. I'm not paying for air. There is a gas station on my way home that doesn't charge.

You probably have a Sheetz Quick Shopper near you....they pop up like mushrooms around here....and the air pump is free.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:50 pm

No Sheetz. We have Wa Wa instead.

Btw, best bad taste joke I ever heard: you know why they made Wa Wa? Because Jerry's kid's can't say "7-11".

I'll show myself out.

psudelco

Postby psudelco » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:20 pm

If you have a Wawa with gas they offer free air

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:39 pm

I used to siphon gasoline and now diesel fuel into tractor tanks from 5 gal. containers. It was always prone to being a bit messy. I discovered a battery powered fuel transfer pump the affixes to the top of a 5 gal. container and has a shut off just like the gas station does so I can walk away while it fills. Very cool. I don't remember the exact cost but it was under $40.00 I believe. I broke it once but discovered it only popped apart when I inserted it into an old container with a neck too narrow for the tube causing a pressure-tension when I tried to remove the hose. After emptying the fuel I was able to fish the part out of the can and replace it. To my delight, it immediately worked like new. A set of batteries should last me a year or more at a time. If you are fueling more than a push mower it may be an option.
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:48 am

Biggest peeve: the assholes who keep spamming this forum.