These are a few more of my favorite peeves

LioninVa

Re: These are a few more of my favorite peeves

Postby LioninVa » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:33 am

I used TSA agents simply because they were easy to research and there are many of them and they interact with more regular folks on a daily basis. That said, there is no way any employee impacted by this has a role with regards to our president. He does not care one lick about any of us, plain and simple. He just wants to win and the costs are irrelevant as long as it doesn’t impact him. I am sure he isn’t alone in this attitude, but I believe he owns the responsibility.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:48 am

Jeezus. There's no escape. Maybe I should just start posting on the Ticket Exchange forum. What's the action like over there?
Klaatu barada nikto

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:00 am

Dad's pet peeve - the spilling over of political discussions into every thread. I agree. I wasn't really trying to start a political discussion with my original post to Lama. I wasn't really trying to get into a discussion of the shutdown. Just focusing on the travel woes impact of it as opposed to the impact to the people.

Let's move on.....
Is it baseball season yet?

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:47 am

Whatever. There are times when conversations will cross lanes.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:48 am

When I flew last week out of Allentown there were more TSA agents than passengers going through security. On my return trip from Nashville on a Friday there were only 2 people ahead of me in TSA pre-check line and they had normal number of lanes open - I got through in near record time. General traffic at Nashville did seem a little lighter than normal though.

Will update you next week as I will be doing that trip again.

Everyone knows if DT agrees to the utter lie of the Democrats "let's open the government then we can negotiate" - they have no intention of negotiating or doing anything to combat illegal immigration - in fact they promote it, DT's going to look foolish - the deal he offered up was a desperate attempt to save face.

Elections have consequences and the Rs lost the house. DT needs to deal with that reality - he can't win this. As I said earlier he has made a good faith effort to fulfill his promise to build a wall - I listed the counter offer I would advise and if the Ds balk at it - you take your lumps, open govt and move on and continue to promote that Ds don't care about illegal immigration. Time to cut his losses and move on.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:53 am

On my return trip from Nashville on a Friday there were only 2 people ahead of me

Did you go to Graceland?

Mrs psu_dad: That's in Memphis.
Me: Never mind then.
Klaatu barada nikto

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:42 pm

The town where our facility is located is about 30 mins from Jack Daniels distillery - there's always a line of more than two for the tours.

I guess getting drunk has more staying power than any entertainment icon.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:45 pm

I really want to go to Kentucky and do a bourbon tour. I have zero interest in doing a Jack Daniels tour as I think the stuff is swill. Don't get how it became so popular.

Anyway, here is another peeve - I went into the breakroom before to fill my water bottle and there are like 400 boxes of Girl Scout cookes left out. And every single variety. Don't these people know I'm trying to lose weight? Seriously, WTF?
Is it baseball season yet?

hbendle

Postby hbendle » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:18 pm

I have to go thru EWR in mid-Feb. Not looking forward to lines and delays if they are above average there this winter...

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:06 pm

I saw something about a "drone sighting" halting flights at EWR. So there's that.
Klaatu barada nikto