These are a few more of my favorite peeves

Blue&White

Re: These are a few more of my favorite peeves

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:53 pm

I saw something about a "drone sighting" halting flights at EWR. So there's that.

Pffft. Bullshit. You're just falling for anti-drone propaganda. If you want real truth about drones, you should listen to the views of the completely unbiased and totally objective largest Drone manufacturer. And, they say it's nearly impossible that there was a drone up there, or that the pilots could even spot one. If that kind of truthful view doesn't convince you, then you're just deliberately putting your head in the sand.
Is it baseball season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:39 pm

Maybe it wasn't a drone.

Klaatu barada nikto

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:13 pm

That's probably what "big drone" wants you to think.

Seriously, I have no idea what those pilots did or did not see, but is there anyone less credible than someone with a massive profit motivation?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:45 pm

Speaking of pet peeves, I was all ready to order a Russian passport and then the link disappeared. I even went out and got a passport photo.

Klaatu barada nikto

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:04 am

psu_dad wrote:Speaking of pet peeves, I was all ready to order a Russian passport and then the link disappeared. I even went out and got a passport photo.

Just as I suspected, komrad. Next Friday, early morning, expect a strident knock at your door. CNN cameras will be there, so lose the batman pjs and the bunny slippers before they arrive. You won't want to embarass yourself during the perp walk. You've been warned.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:27 pm

lose the batman pjs and the bunny slippers before they arrive. You won't want to embarass yourself during the perp walk.

OK. I'm good to go.

Klaatu barada nikto

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:05 pm

Travelling this week and honestly saw no difference between the shut down period and this week. Travelling out of Lehigh Valley was again more TSA agents than travelers and going through Nashville I made it through security in about 3 minutes (TSA pre-check). I would say airport volume looked light the last two trips (except connections in Charlotte which is always chaos).

So for those with upcoming trips I would say stick to your normal routine.

Since I know B&W loves these tales from the road:

Yes they still have the creepy bathroom attendants in Charlotte - but if they weren't there to show which urinal wasn't occupied you might end up behind some guy and piss on his leg - or worse have your leg pissed on. And nothing says awkward as being in a bathroom alone with a dude in a cheesy vest eying you go the bathroom and then tailing you when you wash your hands.

Last trip I had the pleasure of the moving delay - 20mins, then an hour, then another hour, then an hour and half. And then plane finally fixed!!!! And our pilot timed out - so 30mins for new pilot. The airline made good by trotting out some sandwiches and chips by the gate - you'd think there were no food vendors in the airport as people stormed the cart like starving refugees hitting an UN food drop. It's a Baracking bag of Doritos man. I then find myself behind the guy who spent the entire delay in the bar where his brain to mouth filter and speaking volume control both ceased functioning. Since we had a substitute pilot he made the brilliant analogy of Foles subbing in for Wentz - about a dozen times - loudly - just to be sure everyone heard this gem. Which is half as many times as he referenced drinking Tito's vodka - apparently declaring you drink this brand is a modern method of declaring you have a big cock - kind of like the suburban guy who drives an F350 truck to his accounting job and can't stop telling you about all his guns.
That was one Emmerty Friday.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:25 pm

sameoldlama wrote: Which is half as many times as he referenced drinking Tito's vodka - apparently declaring you drink this brand is a modern method of declaring you have a big cock - kind of like the suburban guy who drives an F350 truck to his accounting job and can't stop telling you about all his guns.
That was one Emmerty Friday.

So, now you're telling me I'll have to give up Tito's vodka? I figured that changing my nom de guerre from Johnny Hanglo would have been enough to fool the masses.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:52 pm

I was fortunate to have experienced the last years of the Golden Age of Flying ... no TSA ... a 3-seat section to yourself all the way to LA ... hot stewardesses ... Chicken Cordon Bleu on the plane (Yes, coffee would be nice TY) ... and no worry that you're going to be crammed between Haystacks Calhoun and Larry the Cable Guy.

The little TVs on the back of each seat on the Jet Blue flights to Philly are nice, though. I'll give you that.
Klaatu barada nikto

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:13 pm

This is definetely the Pyrite Age of flying.