These are a few more of my favorite peeves

TheOldlioness

Re: These are a few more of my favorite peeves

Postby TheOldlioness » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:09 pm

psu_dad wrote: My wife wondered aloud why people wouldn't just fly 1st class. It's way cheaper. I pointed out that the people who chartered (or owned) private jets weren't concerned about "cheaper" ... not if it meant rubbing elbows with The Great Unwashed.

You're not safe even in First Class from the Unwashed. Had a flight after the 2005 Orange Bowl and with Mr. OL's disability booked Row 1. Tbe flight was from Ft. Lauderdale to Vegas. Across the aisle was this Hispanic Male with a "baby" trying to get the flight attendant to let him move his wife and other kid up with him. She explained he needed to make seat changes before he boarded. Not to mention there was someone already sitting in 1A. As soon as the meal was served here comes the wife and other kid with a picnic basket. All 4 of them were in 1B having lunch.
The flight attendant totally ignored the situation, and after I used the restroom I saw the rear of the plane had folks wandering all around. It was bizarre. I think the crew's way of dealing with it was asking the Captain to put on the seatbelt sign due to turbulence that I never felt a short while later. Stayed on the whole trip.BTW would liked to have seen the baby's birth certificate. The biggest 2 year old I ever saw in a lap. :shock:

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:50 pm

Hello, OL. Nice to see you post after a long absence. Hope all is well.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

TheOldlioness

Postby TheOldlioness » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:27 pm

PittGradPSUMad wrote:Hello, OL. Nice to see you post after a long absence. Hope all is well.

Thanks! As well as it can be for someone who has crossed into geriatric territory. Still kicking. Hope all is good with you and yours!

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:36 pm

I'm on the train back from NYC and the woman across from me is having a video call.

On speaker.

What. The actual. F*ck.

Ok, just as I'm hitting send the guy in front of her turned around and glared at her until she hung up. That guy is my hero.
Baseball season!!!!

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:11 pm

Dude, why you gotta be a hater on video calling? I bet she was working for like 15 hours in a row and wasn't able to use the phone for like 3 hours. She is just trying to raise a family and make America Great Again!

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:19 am

You've obviously not ever taken public transportation before. There is nothing more annoying than having to hear other people's (loud) phone calls. I have seen fights break out of over this.
Baseball season!!!!

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:21 am

Blue&White wrote:You've obviously not ever taken public transportation before. There is nothing more annoying than having to hear other people's (loud) phone calls. I have seen fights break out of over this.

I was kidding but that is AWESOME!!! About the fights

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:28 am

When I lived in north Jersey and worked full time in NYC I took the train every day. And, people get really nasty about certain things, and phone calls were one of them. It wasn't so bad at night but in the morning no one wanted to hear other people's phone calls. And, on at least 2 occasions someone would try to grab the phone out of another passenger's hand to hang it up and a fight would break out.

Yes, it was awesome. Nothing like watching adults act like children to get the day started off right. Better than OJ.
Baseball season!!!!

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:47 am

You've obviously not ever taken public transportation before.

I took the trolley in San Diego once to get to a Padres game. And I rode the monorail at Disney World. Does that count?
Fire Alex Cora

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:00 am

The Disney monorail doesn't count. The only monorails that count as mass transit are the ones in Brockway, Ogdenville, and North Haverbrook.
Baseball season!!!!