Starting Over

PittGradPSUMad

Starting Over

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:53 pm

So, it looks as though I'm kicking off the new site with the inaugural post. Sure hope the rest of you are still out there.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

msteinruck
Site Admin

Re: Starting Over

Postby msteinruck » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:20 pm

Yes! So, you beat me to it but here's an explanation of what happened. A few weeks ago there was a major database crash. When I tried to repair the database, I found that it was riddled with errors and things that were beyond my expertise to fix. So after spending a few nights trying to figure it out, I finally decided that it was time to just reinstall and start from scratch...again.

The biggest thing that I'm trying to contend with right now is spammers. For some reason spambots hit boards like this with remarkable speed, register accounts in bulk, and post jibberish. I'm trying to install and set up as many measures to avoid this type of junk as possible. So if you see something, don't feel like you have to email me. I'll be around to check.

Also, I hope to get the style of this looking less like a default theme and have a little more NittanyFootball character.

Let me know if you run into any issues. To those of you who were registered in the past, you'll need to register again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:41 am

Thanks, Mark....appreciate all you do to keep this board on track.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:06 am

I was wondering what happened.

Mark - I don't have moderator/admin rights so I can't help clean up at the moment. But, thanks for taking the time. I guess we all start with a clean slate (although I miss having the "&" in my name!

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:06 pm

I just hope this new board attracts nicer people. The people on the previous board were mean to me.

Mrs psu_dad: Give me a break.
Me: I have feelings, you know.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:52 pm

Hey, you're back.

The board went back online weeks ago but not everyone was able to access. It was odd. I guess you were on the "could not" list.

Anyway, I've been waiting WEEKS to point out the Red Sox were eating almost $50M on Fudgies contract. It's been hell.

Shane

Postby Shane » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:18 pm

I can access by phone, but won't be able to check the laptop until later this week. Has that problem been fixed, or is everyone accessing by phone still? By the way, thanks for getting it back up again.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:28 pm

You should be able to get in from anywhere. It's a total reboot and a new format.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:47 pm

psu_dad wrote:I just hope this new board attracts nicer people. The people on the previous board were mean to me.

Mrs psu_dad: Give me a break.
Me: I have feelings, you know.

Nicer people? Than us? Yeah, like that's possible. Glad you're back, Dad. I thought, perhaps, that you were in a state of deep depression over the loss of the fat panda and lost the ability to function in normal society.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:56 pm

The board went back online weeks ago but not everyone was able to access. It was odd. I guess you were on the "could not" list.

I don't use my gmail account often. It's my secondary email account. So I didn't see your email until today. I contacted Mark a few days after the crash of the old site to ask him if this was the end of NF.com. When he indicated otherwise, I checked every so often, but today was the first time I was successful.

I haven't been following MLB closely. How are the Mets doing?