What I am thankful for

sameoldlama

Re: What I am thankful for

Postby sameoldlama » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:59 am

Shane wrote:
Crowbar wrote:It's also a great Metallica song!

That it is!!!

Isn't that the background music from the Scene in Old School when their driving around in van picking up pledges? At least that's what went through my head.

If anyone remembers an old movie "Heaven Help Us" with Andrew McCarthy - there is a scene in which a very hormonal teen passes out while serving as an alter boy and watching girls take communion wafers - that would be B&W at my gym. The yoga pant nation is strong - especially the younger fit girls - even I think it could come down a notch - some of these girls you could perform a gynecological exam from 10 feet away. I get they are comfortable exercise pants but maybe go up a size.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

JerseyLion

Postby JerseyLion » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:18 pm

"Master of Puppets" is the music for that scene in "Old School."

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:53 am

June 25th, 1976

42 years ago today my beautiful wife walked down the aisle and we were married. Looking at all the threads where I could have tried to be funny and cute with a title I noticed the “what I am thankful for” thread and realized it was the correct place to convey me most sincere thoughts.

I can’t believe its been this many years. We went out to dinner Sat. evening and nearly every other family and couple seemed to be younger than we were. Of course at McDonald’s that could happen to anyone, right. I couldn’t pas that one up. My wife noted that we are not getting any younger, which is profound on so many levels. We are beginning to watch our own generation to pass on not through traffic accidents and tragic early onset disease but general ravages of time, wear and tear or for a myriad of reasons. The next breath of anyone is not guaranteed yet we generally don’t think of that fact until we face it in some manner.
Our anniversary also always is shared by Gen. George Armstrong Custer’s ill-fated attack on a superior force of numerous different tribes gathered together for war. Custer, apparently leaning on his experience in fighting the Indian’s (Cleveland and more) across the plains after the War Between the States made a horrific tactical decision. It was his last.

There are so many jokes I could plunder with our shared anniversary. I’ve used it to loosen up audiences when I gave public presentations many times over the years. It certainly is an easy way to remember June 25th, 1976, 100 years after the Last Stand on June 25th, 1876, 100 years to not just the day but the exact 30 min. period of the battle on Last Stand Hill. That provides more fodder for speeches folks.

Would I do it over? Would Custer? Of course I would. I was in love, still am and always will be. I married a farm girl, a country girl. She wanted to go outside this early a.m. and……….guess what? Spray weeds, for 2 hours. She sprayed and trimmed spent flower stems all morning. She has enjoyed physical work on the farm and in the garden all her life. Working inside a lab. all day dampens her spirit and as the week emerges she will come home each evening, late usually, more frustrated needing to talk it out without my assistance in solving the crisis’s individually. I’ve bitten my tongue more than I care to admit trying NOT to help the situation.

May each and every married person on this board have a wonderful experience and keep plugging away through thick and thin to surpass our current total of thin or flush years together. This fall will mark the 47th year anniversary of our first date. They are adding up quickly my friends. You will see. Milestones galore.
Garryowen.
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:56 am

Happy Anniversary!!! I wish you many more. The wife and I celebrated our 27th on Friday and I feel as you do. Our best choices should be rewarded.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:23 am

That's awesome!!! Congratulations Carl and Lion!!!

My wife and I celebrate our 15th next month. Hence I am a little younger than you guys. :lol: :mrgreen:
41-33.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:49 am

I'm 48, how old are you? ;) :....

Actually, the 16th anniversary of my 48th birthday will occur in roughly three weeks, its just a #! 8-)
...Happy to learn of your success in romance LioninVa and Crowbar. Keep up the good work. Garryowen!....[url][/url]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Carl Spackler on Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:14 am

BEER VENDOR: Are you 21 years old?
ME: My socks are 21 years old.

Congrats on the 42nd Carl!
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:19 am

Thanks Dad. You must be in that vicinity too?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:46 am

42 coming up in a couple of months.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:58 am

psu_dad wrote:42 coming up in a couple of months.

Bicentennial nuptial’s! Way cool dude 8-)