What I am thankful for

Crowbar

Re: What I am thankful for

Postby Crowbar » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:57 am

Living in the Philly area I know this is going to get me in trouble. Anyway, New York's Thanksgiving parade is simply superior to the one in Philadelphia.

Sorry, it just is.
National Champions 1911, 1912, 1969, 1981, 1982, 1986, 1994

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:34 pm

Almost everything in New York City is better than it's Philly counterpart. Sorry, but it's true.
Is it baseball season yet?

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:10 am

Mad, I'm confused, and it's 1:00 a.m. but that's another story.

Hell, yoga pants in small sizes and a correlation? I can't imagine observing a thing of beauty, God's creation adorned in a certain style of pants sending you to hell in the express lane, self check out at that?
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:05 am

Blue&White wrote:Almost everything in New York City is better than it's Philly counterpart. Sorry, but it's true.

But you live around here too, don't you? :D

Seriously, NYC is an awesome place to visit. No way in hell I'd want to live there though.
National Champions 1911, 1912, 1969, 1981, 1982, 1986, 1994

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:24 am

I said "almost everything" is better. One of the few things that isn't, unfortunately, is the cost of living.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:52 am

Carl Spackler wrote:Mad, I'm confused, and it's 1:00 a.m. but that's another story.

Hell, yoga pants in small sizes and a correlation? I can't imagine observing a thing of beauty, God's creation adorned in a certain style of pants sending you to hell in the express lane, self check out at that?

You're not paying attention, Carl. Go ahead and stare at your own risk. Just remember that I warned you as the police lead you away in handcuffs and then you're perp-walked in front of the local media just before a jury of your peers finds you guilty of staring at a lovely thing in yoga pants. Don't worry, though. You'll be good to go after two years in re-education camp.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:49 am

That's been tried mad, unsuccessfully.
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:21 am

So my daughter complained of her belly hurting about 530 tonight. We took her temp and she has a fever. She napped until 7 and got up still complaining of pain in her side. She is a tough kid so we brought her to the ER. well, she is currently in surgery getting appendix out. Staff have been awesome with all of us. I am thankful for knowledgable and caring hospital staff. Just got word that all is well and she is out of surgery. It sucks when you just have to sit and wait whole other people take care of your kid

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:55 am

Glad she is ok. That's tough, but good job catching that. A burst appendix can be a serious issue but catching it when it is just inflamed is generally not a problem. She should be home soon.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:02 am

Glad to hear your daughter is fine Grower. A friend's young daughter, about the same age, had a burst appendix and she didn't complain at all. Tough kids we are growing! They had to treat her with antibiotics for six weeks before operating for whatever reason and she came through fine too. Kids are tough. 8-)