Politics

PSUgrower

Re: Politics

Postby PSUgrower » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:58 pm

Can I continue to say how much I hate Dump. Look, Clinton was a career politician but Dump is an absolute ass and I cannot wait for everything to start to implode.

I decided to watch some Fox News (It was Covuto)today because I always like to at least hear the other side even if they completely make up their own narrative. Anyway, Covuto was interviewing a sheriff from some area just north of the border. Covuto clearly had a narrative he wanted to write because all he wanted to sheriff to say was that the border patrol used more deadlier force in 2013 compared to today. Covuto kept coming back to the fact that the border patrol fired "x" amount of ammunition during that time and used pepper spray "y" amount of times during that time. It was sickening to watch. My grandma (84 years old) watches Foxnews and it absolutely pisses me off because she is a pawn in all of this. Yes, she should be able to think for herself but it doesn't happen. How in the world does this guy still run our country?????

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:21 am

And the conservatives can say the same about MSNBC. I agree with your sentiment, but Rachel Maddow and company have an agenda too.

Fox is just one news station. Best way to get them off is to stop watching.

It's sad that real journalism has pretty much died. Very difficult to determine what is "news" and what is tabloid trash. They seem to run hand-in-hand anymore.
National Champions 1911, 1912, 1969, 1981, 1982, 1986, 1994

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:05 pm

BTW, I feel the same way about MSNBC. I hate that channel too.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:54 pm

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:14 am

So, Trump has nominated William Barr to be the new attorney general. If that name sounds familiar it's becuase he was the attorney general for a few years under Bush 41. This is an odd choice for Trump in my opinion as Barr is an adult and I don't think anyone can claim he's not eminently qualified. I'm not aware of any major controversies about the man (although I'm sure I will be by this time next week - call it a hunch) and he really should be an easy confirmation through the Senate. In fact, I think it's going to be really, really tough for the Democrats to say "boo" about him.

I'm also dissapointed in the pick in that it lacks the opportunity for the normal "OH MY GOD HE WILL KILL US ALL!!" that we usually get from a Trump pick. I'll now have to find some other way to entertain myself.
Is it baseball season yet?

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:22 pm

William Barr appears to be the least of DJT's worries. This could get interesting real quick...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.co ... ohen%3famp

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:12 am

Between what made public with Cohen and Manafort, and the stuff with Roger Stone and the implications he may be indicted for perjury over his Congressional testimony, it's been an interesting week. I've still not seen anything that connects Trump to any crime other than violations of campaign finance laws (and that is starting to look like a clear cut case that he did violate federal campaign financing laws) but some of the people around him, including his kids, may have some real problems soon. And, if he just starts handing out pardons to his family, that may not fly with the public. He made such a big deal over the alleged corruption of Hillary Clinton (and I suspect he was more right than wrong on that) but this administration is looking like just one big con on the tax payers.

As for Trump himself, I question is anyone is going to have the stomach to try and impeach him over campaign finance laws, but, really, they should. And, given all the posturing by Republicans like Lindsay Graham made when they impeached Clinton, going on and on about preserving the integrity of the office and such, I can't wait to see the double talk from those some people defending a push not to impeach Trump.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:39 pm

John Kelly out as Chief of Staff.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:22 pm

Other than Pence and Mattis, are there any people from his initial staff who are still there?

Kind of tells you what it must be to work for him.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:00 am

Devos is still there and helping schools protect themselves from grizzly bear attack.

The list of original cabinet members who are still in their jobs is

Devos
Mnuchin
Carson
Mattis
Zinke
Perdue
Ross
Acosta (who got the job after the original nominee had to withdraw)
Chao
Perry

It's a decent list but there certainly has been a lot of turnover. Most of these people never make the news because they run areas no one really pays attention too, or haven't been exposed for graft and corruption yet. And, the for the record, the only one on that list who I don't think could be exposed for graft and corruption is Mattis. Well, maybe Perry, too, but only because I don't think he's smart enough to steal.