Politics

PittGradPSUMad

Re: Politics

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:45 am

We are living in strange times, folks....my biased source is better than your biased source, right? Reminds me of the pre-election, head-exploding argument I had with my older and very conservative brother. After showing me a you tube video replete with scary music and ominous-toned narrator clearly demonstrating, as he said, that Hillary Clinton was having a seizure during a rally, he told me I should stop watching CNN. It was a palm-slap-to-the-forehead moment with my big brother, PSU class of '71. I assume the republic will somehow survive.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:02 am

My pre-election conversation with my SIL went a little different.

SIL: So who are YOU voting for?
ME: We live in Massachusetts. It's academic.
SIL: I'm just curious.
ME: Not that it's any of your business, but I'm voting for Emma.
SIL: You're voting for a dog!?
ME: Big deal. You're voting for a weasel.

I wasn't able to escalate to "your mother wears combat boots" because I was fond of her mother.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:34 am

After showing me a you tube video replete with scary music and ominous-toned narrator clearly demonstrating, as he said, that Hillary Clinton was having a seizure during a rally, he told me I should stop watching CNN.

That is absolutely hilarious. I hate to be the one to tell you this, but your brother is brain damaged, although he's not wrong about CNN. You shouldn't watch CNN. They are completely full of shit.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:12 pm

Blue&White wrote:After showing me a you tube video replete with scary music and ominous-toned narrator clearly demonstrating, as he said, that Hillary Clinton was having a seizure during a rally, he told me I should stop watching CNN.

That is absolutely hilarious. I hate to be the one to tell you this, but your brother is brain damaged, although he's not wrong about CNN. You shouldn't watch CNN. They are completely full of shit.

I would be willing to take offense at your characterization, Bdub, except that I agree with you. He boasted to me that his son, who is a registered republican in California and Pennsylvania, voted for president pantload in both states. When informed his son committed voter fraud, a crime punishable by jailtime, he just shrugged.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:14 pm

Mad, one of many, sadly.

Discourse, promoted by media is down the drain. No video was required for knowledge of either candidates positions or tendencies, they were well known. The vitriol is the worst part in my mind. It's become common now, slinging nazi, racist, phobe you can hang onto to a term and this doesn't include all the gutter language now common which doesn't work well with a discussion among contemporaries. I miss appoo and his xenophobe commentaries. I had to look that one up long ago during the glory days of nf.com. Appoo was great, remembering B&W hammering him with a "that was the dumbest post ever on the site" or something like that but he kept his values and was/is an honest, kind person. He never gave in but never was too outlandish in the fray.

Dad, the mother wears combat boots was great but is it generational? I remember it well as a farce in our day. I often wondered why wearing combat boots was a horrible thing, even if your mother wore them. Anyway, cool memory, thanks.
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:13 pm

That’s not realistic, Mad. Voter fraud is purely a tool for the liberals to keep the conservatives out of office. Look how good it’s working!

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:42 am

I think I remember that I could have pulled off voting in two states shortly after we moved and registered here. But I did not do that so everyone is clear. Did vote for Hillary in 08 primary. Once again, another candidate out smarted her.
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

tempe

Postby tempe » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:45 pm

Isn't someone going to open an In-game SOTU thread?

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:58 pm

The SOTU anymore is about as thrilling as Pitt football.
41-33.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:23 pm

tempe wrote:Isn't someone going to open an In-game SOTU thread?

There isn't enough tea in China to get me to watch it.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?