Politics

Carl Spackler

Re: Politics

Postby Carl Spackler » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:10 am

Didn't Kelly recently receive the dreaded vote of confidence? If so, a week or less.

Unless you coach at PSU. i remember CJF receiving a vote of confidence, getting blown out by UM then running a string of victories to the Rose Bowl, the Grand daddy of them all. Hey kid, get off my lawn, Dear toss me the Crossman Pump Master 760 and a tube of BB's.
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:09 am

I saw the WH is now saying that their version of events is not inconsistent with the sworn testimony of Director Wray.

Uhhhhh, yes it is. It really is.

This is really amazing. This is not about a difference of opinion on political policy. This is about if they protected a guy who beat up his wife. Between this and the multiple white supremacists now running as Republicans the party can't be happy.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:03 am

This is about if they protected a guy who beat up his wife.

I haven't been following this. How did he get the requisite security clearance to work in the WH if he had that on his record?
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:43 am

I haven't been following this. How did he get the requisite security clearance to work in the WH if he had that on his record?

He didn't. That's part of the stink. He never got the clearance as the FBI found that a) the allegations were very credible and b) made him susceptible to blackmail (paraphrasing). He should not have been there, and they were pushing him for a promotion. And that's when the story broke.

The WH has been claiming the security clearance process had been underway and they didn't know and it wasn't fair to jump to conclusions. But yesterday Director Wray said that they notified the WH back in July that he wasn't getting clearance.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Nat@PSU

Postby Nat@PSU » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:20 am

His job places him in a position to see information that require the highest levels of clearance in our government (i.e. the PDB). He had access to this info without having passed the clearance process.

For a group of people who went apoplectic over Hillary and her server under the premise that mismanaging state secrets is essentially treasonous, the hypocrisy here is pretty incredible.
- Nat

Let's Go State!!

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:25 am

It has been reported that a lot of people in the current administration have not received clearances, including the presidents son-in-law. They have been there for over a year now, plus two months of knowing they were moving in.

As a comparison, I got a secret clearance about 7 years ago when I was working on ships. It took me about a week to completely and accurately fill out the paperwork and another six or eight weeks before an investigator visited me to answer some questions. After that, I was cleared within a month.

Now, I know that they are probably looking at a higher level classification, but I would think that the freaking White House would be able to expedite the process when a new administration rolls in. This is assuming there are no issues to keep one from obtaining the requested clearance. Obviously, the spousal abuse allegations are one way to hinder the process. Another is to choose not to disclose information that is being requested, as is reported to be the cakes with Kushner; I think he is reluctant to disclose some financial files or something.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:31 am

He had access to this info without having passed the clearance process.

Has that been documented? Or are you making it up?

When a person takes a job that requires a security clearance, it's a given that the person may not have one the day they walk in the door. The hiring company usually finds them unclassified work to do until the clearance is obtained.

If someone gave Porter access to classified information prior to him obtaining a clearance then (1) they're in the running for a Darwin Award and (2) they're likely going to prison.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:47 am

Has that been documented? Or are you making it up?

It's been documented. To be fair, he was granted some kind of temporary clearance but the FBI was unwilling to give him permanent clearance. I don't know what the point of that was and the WH should have been looking to replace him. Instead they were looking to freaking promote him.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:53 am

OK. That makes more sense. Giving someone access to classified information when they have no clearance (temporary or otherwise) is suicide.

Nat@PSU

Postby Nat@PSU » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:54 am

LioninVa wrote:
Now, I know that they are probably looking at a higher level classification, but I would think that the freaking White House would be able to expedite the process when a new administration rolls in. This is assuming there are no issues to keep one from obtaining the requested clearance. Obviously, the spousal abuse allegations are one way to hinder the process. Another is to choose not to disclose information that is being requested, as is reported to be the cakes with Kushner; I think he is reluctant to disclose some financial files or something.

From what I understand, he has amended his disclosure forms a bunch of times with each one then identifying a problem area and the general response each time was "Oops, I didn't know."
- Nat

Let's Go State!!