Politics

psu_dad

Re: Politics

Postby psu_dad » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:44 am

You loved that a former head of the FBI publicly speculated on a sordid matter regarding a sitting president regarding an incident that is unproven?
Fire Alex Cora.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:50 am

I love it when it involves Dump. Like I said, I hate this man. I think he is a horrible human being who has gauged the little guys for decades. I don't care if he is the president. He is a bully and a liar. I am not saying that every president is perfect but I do not believe that a majority of men and women of power have the demons in their closet like this guy does.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:00 am

Good catch - I am fine with the income tax cut (and I agree with dad - for most middle class people I know it wasn't "crumbs" - I also don't get how people are surprised that when there is a tax cut people who pay the most get the most benefit - nearly half the country pays no FIT - how much of a tax cut can you give on zero?) but it should be accompanied by spending cuts.

I am not as bothered by the deregulation effort - having worked in manufacturing for a lifetime I've witnessed the negative impact of government overreach in this domain and I can say without doubt the media narrative of corporations be uncaring skells destroying the environment for a nickel is not accurate - our EHS programs exceed most of what I see in public facilities.

The tariff thing I see more as a bargaining tactic in which there will be some back off on both sides with the US seeing some gain - again working for a global manufacturing company we get depantsed by places like China on these matters.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:20 am

BTW, I am all for Trump hammering Syria. We have been sending missiles their way at least once a year for awhile now. I think we are done for the year

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:25 am

... but it should be accompanied by spending cuts.

An age old problem. Democrats like to increase spending without increasing taxes and Republicans like to decrease taxes without decreasing spending.
Fire Alex Cora.

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:29 am

Amazing how the former head of the FBI gets fired, writes a book and becomes a sympathetic figure despite multiple missteps during the last two years of his tenure as FBI director. A fair argument can be made that he cost Clinton the election, yet Pravda and TASS have claimed him to be a secular saint. There's just so many facets to his hypocrisy, but hey, this is America. What a country.

:roll:
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:48 am

I think he was trying to make everyone happy and that was his downfall. I truly believe that he thought what he did in October 2016 was the right thing to do. Hindsight is always 20/20

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:08 pm

Can someone explain to me why who Sean Hannity's attorney is, and if he used the same lawyer as Trump, matters? Why am I supposed to care about this? And, what are the implications because it's not obvious to me.
#Emmertknew

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:52 pm

I haven't been following this. Please tell me they both hired Jackie Chiles. :D
Fire Alex Cora.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:06 pm

That comment was outrageous! Egregious! Preposterous!
#Emmertknew