Politics

LioninVa

Re: Politics

Postby LioninVa » Thu May 24, 2018 10:32 am

I work on a Navy base and I have seen varied opinions on the kneeling for the anthem thing. Most of the animosity is because our president, who may or may not divide the population but for sure takes advantage of the division that exists, called out football players who were exercising they freedom of expression. I don't like that one would kneel during the anthem, but I can't stand the fact that there is a reason for them to do so. I have said it before and will say it again; this is not about disrespecting a person who risks life so that you can live yours, it is about people being treated unfairly based on race.

On to the failed North Korea talks. Can't say we didn't see it coming. I though he would hold out longer I the hopes of getting a peace prize.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Thu May 24, 2018 10:51 am

And I already paid for my commemorative coin for the summit. Son of a bitch!

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Thu May 24, 2018 11:02 am

Don't despair. There are still plenty of these available at popular prices. Plus they're soft & comfy. So there's that.

Klaatu barada nikto

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu May 31, 2018 10:07 am

Trump administration will put steel and aluminum tariffs on Canada, Mexico and the EU

I predict all these countries just shrug their shoulders and suck this up without taking any retaliatory steps against us.
Is it baseball season yet?

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:09 pm

An American politics just hit bottom.

My god, where do people like that come from? This guy belongs in jail, not on a ballot. He's not even going to be a close 3rd in the race, but it's disgusting that he's going run.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:50 pm

It's equally disgusting that the media feels compelled to give him his 15 minutes of fame. I would have been perfectly content to have never heard of him.
Klaatu barada nikto

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:02 pm

Funny enough, after I posted that I almost deleted it for that exact reason. But then I thought "nahhh. Why should I be the only one who has nightmares about people like this?".

Nat@PSU

Postby Nat@PSU » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:47 am

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/eagles-release-statement-after-invite-white-house-trip-rescinded

Our Dotard in Chief, using "standing for the flag" as his dog whistle (honestly, not even a whistle anymore, it's a dog bullhorn) to detract from the complete mess that is his presidency.

I loathe this man with every fiber of my being. Can't wait until he vacates the oval office and whoever replaces him, regardless of political party, can restore some decency to the office. We put our worst human being in the highest office and now he is saying he can pardon himself of any crime and because he has immunity by majority right now, well, he's pretty much right.

What a time to be alive. :roll: :roll:
- Nat

Let's Go State!!

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:15 am

Nat@PSU wrote:https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/eagles-release-statement-after-invite-white-house-trip-rescinded

Our Dotard in Chief, using "standing for the flag" as his dog whistle (honestly, not even a whistle anymore, it's a dog bullhorn) to detract from the complete mess that is his presidency.

I loathe this man with every fiber of my being. Can't wait until he vacates the oval office and whoever replaces him, regardless of political party, can restore some decency to the office. We put our worst human being in the highest office and now he is saying he can pardon himself of any crime and because he has immunity by majority right now, well, he's pretty much right.

What a time to be alive. :roll: :roll:

Nat, while I agree that the man who would be king is an unmitigated disaster, my blood pressure and stress level is significantly reduced now that I ignore the talking heads. This will pass. Not soon enough to suit us, perhaps, but this will pass. History will treat him as he deserves to be treated.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:19 pm

I'd say the Clintons won't give up that "worst human being" title without a fight - Billy Boy was on a book tour and announced that he handled the Lewinsky scandal correctly, never insulted/embarrassed anyone during his time in office and asserted if a Democrat were in office and acted in the manner Trump has they would be facing impeachment. So apparently lying to Congress was the right way to handle the Lewinsky matter, attacking all the women that claimed he sexually assaulted them was not embarrassing or insulting and the various crimes he and his wife have committed via the Clinton foundation to rise to the level of malfeasance of the current administration.

Trump certainly has significant shortcomings in terms of ethics, morality and for sure personality and charm. But he is nothing new - morally and ethically failed humans are the norm in politics and media these days. Just most of them don't come wrapped in as thick a layer of obnoxiousness and demonstrate a command of the English language equivalent to that of a poorly performing middle school student.

And if we are striving for decency I must point out the term "dotard" is considered offensive by is in the senior community - we prefer "fuddy duddy", "codger", "curmudgeon" or the classic "old fart".
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall