Politics

Crowbar

Re: Politics

Postby Crowbar » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:54 pm

Looks like another possible Assad-sponsored chemical attack in Syria. Trump indicating there will be a "big price to pay."

Stay tuned...
41-33.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:22 am

#Emmertknew

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:35 am

I think he is trying to be the biggest douche in the world so he loses in a landslide in 2020. How can anyone vote for him in 2020? He is a selfish dirtbag

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:43 am

I don't know. I think he figures the public doesn't see any direct connections, or at least not the public that will vote for him. If he does run again, I think he runs to win. Whether or not he seeks the nomination again is the big question.

Stories out this morning that Paul Ryan is not going to seek reelection. The Republicans are expecting to get crushed in November. And, it may happen but it equally may not. New GOP candidates may turn the tide back in their favor.
#Emmertknew

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:30 am

Paul Ryan leaving Congress and not running for reelection.

That's a shame.
#Emmertknew

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:35 am

The shame is that the entirety of Congress is not doing the same.
Fire Alex Cora.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:56 am

DT will not run again. Half his reason for running this time was to spite all the people who laughed him off when eh said he could do it. Four years of dealing with a mainstream media and political establishment (both Rs and Ds, the intelligence community, Fed Departments) that hate him for pointing out their hypocrisy and corruption and who will stop at nothing to undermine and destroy him to a cellular level will wear him out.

And I sincerely hope the media, celebs, politicians and Mueller keep going. Every step they take just exposes them for the corrupt, lying hypocrites we all suspected they are. Mueller has and endless army of resources, a bottomless pile of cash and infinite time to find anything to throw some charge at DT. If you assigned a special prosecutor and gave them the stacked resources that have been given to Mueller to investigate the political class almost every former POTUS, cabinet member and member of Congress would be in jail.

Trump's a jerk but he kept a criminal out of office and he's exposed a great deal more. I hope somehow it's enough for voters to say - enough of this.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:19 am

I like to consider myself to be fairly moderate when it comes to politics. I lean towards the democratic party, but it is a fairly even split with regards to my ideas of right and wrong. That said, I don't put too much stock in what the talking heads say as they seem to be lock stock and barrel left or right and I doubt anything substantial will come from extremes. Nonetheless, I found this article to be of interest:

https://www.themaven.net/theresurgent/erick-erickson/a-congressman-s-profanity-laced-tirade-in-a-safeway-grocery-store-SeHI2l5bIECGQn4gmnzGaw/?mc_cid=10d8170a1d&mc_eid=3cc50e048e&full=1

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:22 am

We are on different pages lama. Dump is trying to point out the hypocrisy and corruption because he knows they have something on him. Normally people who have things to hide try to make the people coming after them look crazy.

Example: There is a bunch of crap going down with my in-laws. It is a long and convoluted story so I won't go into it on her. Apparently my wife and I have a meth lab in our basement and are selling meth to the locals. This rumor has been going on for about 10 months. I makes me irate but I really can't do anything about it. This is a prime example of screwed up people trying to make regular people look bad anyway they can. This is how I see Dump doing business.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:26 pm

Trump's a jerk but he kept a criminal out of office and he's exposed a great deal more. I hope somehow it's enough for voters to say - enough of this.

I suspect not. The MSM and the D.C. establishment have sent a clear message to the electorate from Day One: Next time, vote for who we tell you to vote for or they'll get the same treatment.

The professional politicians and federal bureaucrats in D.C. have a very sweet gig and they don't want an outsider mucking things up. Jimmy Carter got treated similarly (though not as severely) and he wasn't 1/100 as abrasive as President Knucklehead. The Democrats took steps to make sure there would never be another be another outsider like Carter winning their nomination. I suspect the Republicans will do the same.
Fire Alex Cora.