Politics

psu_dad

Re: Politics

Postby psu_dad » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:27 pm

Perhaps Louis should have gone with the George Constanza "Was that wrong?" defense.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:10 pm

I've not seen that he responded so he still may try that. That would put him in good company because quite a few of them seem to be going with the "Was that wrong?" defense.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:17 pm

“Do you ever just get down on your knees and thank God that you know me and have access to my dementia?” -- George Constanza

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:59 pm

Actually, I think the more apt Costanza quote is "Just remember, It's not a lie if you believe it".

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:03 pm

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/11/09/california-naacp-seeks-remove-the-star-spangled-banner-anthem-supports-colin-kaepernick-nfl-protests/848420001/

Now political organizations know NFL football better than coaches or owners.

Have to wonder what song is proposed to replace the Star Spangled Banner? Old Man River? The Camptown Races?

We need Whitney Houston to sing it again.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:46 pm

Another woman is accusing Roy Moore. She said Moore sexually assaulted her when she was 16 and she would be willing to testify under oath at any hearing anyone cares to have on the topic.

You pretty much knew there were going to be more accusations once the first story broke. There was no way WaPo found all of them.

Ironically, I'm pretty sure the whole of CNN ejaculated when they posted the story.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:07 pm

I saw that in the WSJ. And she was represented by Gloria Allred. So I guess the circus is officially in town.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:30 pm

I was really surprised she hired Allred. That woman must be hated in Alabama. Why bring someone on who deflects from the actual story? Seemed an odd move to me.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:42 pm

That woman must be hated in Alabama.

Well, I doubt she has any plans to venture down there. :D

But I suppose this could have an undesired effect. I doubt that either the WaPo or Gloria Allred are particularly popular in Alabama. I suppose many Alabamans could resent having their election influenced by people they loathe and might continue to back Moore out of spite. Who knows.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:43 pm

Reports now that Roy Moore was actually banned from the Gadsden Mall back in the 1980s due to concerns with his interactions with teen girls. These reports are coming from people in Alabama. And, apparently, there were rumors about this for years. There doesn't seem to be any official record of this so there is no way to validate. Maybe it's not true, but it seems plenty of locals are coming forward with stories. He is also rumored to have been banned from the local YMCA.

You really have to hand it to The Washington Post. First, how did they find the original 4 women without tipping anyone off they were working on this story? Someone must have come to them first. And, how long do you suppose they were sitting on this? I doubt it was months, but I would bet it was weeks. The timing can't just be a coincidence. We're a month away from the special election in Alabama and, for the 2nd time in a big election, WaPo drops a bomb on one of the candidates ~30 days before the election. It didn't hurt Trump at all. But, it's starting to look like it may sink Moore. The Republicans are in full retreat from this guy now, and he's slipping fast in the polls. People can forgive a lot of things and pretend a lot of things didn't happen when they want to believe in a candidate on "their" side. We've seen that But, molesting teenage girls seems to be where the line is drawn. Well, maybe. I'll believe it when he doesn't win the election next month.

You really have to feel for the Republicans on this one. They didn't want this guy and, once they had him, they had no way of knowing this crap was going to come up. I do think, though, that potential candidates on both sides of the aisle are all going to take a long, hard look at their own pasts before showing up for the 2018 midterms and beyond. The message here is you can no longer run and you can no longer hide. The women (and even the men) aren't scared anymore and they are coming for all of you.