Politics

Blue&White

Re: Politics

Postby Blue&White » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:32 am

I'm starting to think that a growing number of Republicans want him out, which means that Pence would get in. Pence could very well put an end to the gridlock. So, personally, I'm all for FFvCS remaining in office. Or, at least through the midterms. Let's see what happens in 18. But, if I were a betting man, I'd bet that the Republicans keep control of the Senate. There are only 6 Republican seats up in 18 and they are all in fairly red states. The Democrats have like 30 or so seats up and it is very conceivable they lose one or more of those as some of them are in tight states.

The House is a different matter altogether. Gerrymandering has done a pretty good job of protecting the GOP majority the past few years. I would be fairly surprised if that changes in 2018.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:33 am

I am in favor of the orange menace remaining in office. Gridlock is all but guaranteed, the entertainment value is priceless, and I believe the malevolent would-be-king will wither in the light of daily scrutiny. Republicans created this monster, and now they're stuck with him. I'm not expecting any significant changes in the midterms, either. I expect that fearless leader will hit the campaign trail with a vengeance. The twitterer-in-chief relishes the thought of motivating his base with his fat fingers and his obnoxious rallies that are as important to him as oxygen. On the other hand, there is the pesky, nagging fear that one of his tantrums will get us into a shooting war. There is that.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:11 am

I disagree the Republicans created him. Most of them did not want him as the nominee. They are stuck with him, though.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:27 am

Serves them right for letting the electorate pick their candidate. Perhaps next time they'll learn from their brethren across the aisle and just coronate someone.

Count DeMoney: It is said the peasants are revolting.
DNC: You said it. They stink on ice.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:17 pm

Steve Bannon out. He "resigned".

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:21 pm

This oughta be fun. Wonder if fearless leader made a deal with Bannon to play nice when he goes back to breitbart, or does Bannon place the orange menace squarely in his crosshairs.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:32 pm

I read a blurb that said Trump was apoplectic when Bannon said in that interview that there is no military solution to North Korea and basically undercut all of Trumps bluster by pointing out reality. Who knows if that is what happened, but it seems plausible.

I did read that he was fired and didn't resign and who knows if that is true. Will be interesting.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:57 pm

I heard it was because he was always finishing the coffee and not making a new pot. I hate that.

Nat@PSU

Postby Nat@PSU » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:35 pm

The White House just needs an office linebacker like the immortal Terry Tate.

If you haven't seen those commercials, please do yourself a favor and click on the link.

Also, don't worry comrades, the link is safe. Definitely not a Russian Bot. See all the context I captured with my response?

https://youtu.be/RzToNo7A-94
- Nat

Let's Go State!!

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:47 pm

Nice try, Vladimir.