Politics

Blue&White

Re: Politics

Postby Blue&White » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:33 am

Well, Moore is trailing in Alabama now. I've seen it from between 8 and 12 points, but he's trailing. And, more women keep coming forward, which is not helping. His lawyer's "your culture" defense didn't do him any favors and all the newspapers he threatened just laughed at him.

It's still Alabama so I don't assume anything, much less a Democrat winning a senate seat there, but it's looking like he's likely to lose.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:03 pm

Mr. B&W, where were you on the afternoon of Oct. 14th, 1997? Isn't it true you were visiting the Statue of Liberty that afternoon, come on now, you can tell us, we have witnesses. And did you not TOUCH said statue? Well sir, you are charged with groping THE STATUE OF LIBERTY!

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:53 pm

These men should be ashamed of themselves. I am telling you right now that a good chunk of women go through parts of their life fearing this type of machismo behavior. These fricken clown in politics should resign- end of story. You CANNOT take a photo of you grabbing a woman's breast as she sleeps! You cannot grab a woman by the pussy! I am so glad this stuff is coming out at the moment, especially with this asshat president! This type of thing seriously pisses me off. Act like a gentlemen and if you grab a women's pussy, you better be damn sure she wants you to do it! I liked Al Franken but he needs to resign. Send a message that asshat behavior against women will not be tolerated. If a man ever touched my daughter inappropriately, and I found out about it, that man would never use their eyes again or walk- just saying!

Side note, Jameis Winston was accused of sticking his hands between the legs of an Uber driver in March of 2016. He categorically denies it but he was in Arizona that weekend- huh, I guess she is the lier!

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:29 am

It seems as if you can gram women by the pussy and still become President. Not that it makes it right, of course. The opinions, even in regards to grossly offensive behavior, still seem to fall along political lines, which is beyond sad.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:03 am

Franken isn't touching her in that picture. I have no idea what happened before or after that picture was taken but in that picture he's not touching her. He also says he remembers the rehearsal differently than she does, but doesn't really elaborate. My guess is he thought he was being funny and they were getting along, and she obviously didn't think so. Right now, I am still apt to think this is more a misunderstanding and a bad joke than anything else. At minimum, that picture was inappropriate and demeaning but it was not a sexual assault. At least not the moment that picture was taken.

Should Franken resign over this? Maybe. Perhaps someone stepping down and being personally responsible for their actions will begin an era of people in government taking personal responsibility for their actions. I doubt that is what happens, but I can dream.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:15 am

Senator Smalley is not going to resign voluntarily. In the first place, it's way too sweet a gig. In the second place, you don't get to become a U.S. Senator if shame is a big deal to you. You need to be utterly shameless to achieve that position.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:39 am

I read a story, and I understand it could be BS, that said she was in on the photo and not really sleeping. I also understand that she is a big Trump supporter, at least, that’s what I’m reading. She is also a a gun rights proponent and a former Playboy centerfold. This is not the image she presented on the news circuit in the past few days. Is she playing party politics? I don’t know, but it but can see why some think so. If so, it will be a blow to women who have been harrassed or assaulted, and that possibility is far worse to me.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:51 am

I read a story, and I understand it could be BS, that said she was in on the photo and not really sleeping.

It's undoubtedly BS.

Franken sent her an apology for the photo incident in which he said "I understand why you could feel violated by that photo". Why on earth would he do that if she were in on it?

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:56 am

I believe the latent disgust from the Presidential reign of the 1990's sexual predation is coming full circle now and even Clinton is being discussed in negative terms by some of his own party. Given that his party walked in lock step when any opposition presented itself this is rather surprising and appears to chart a change in course in politics. If the D's are beginning to actually act introspectively what is the world coming to? This is not going to end well as the purges continue. I don't condone this behavior any more than psugrower does and have the same thoughts should a perp attempt to molest my wife/daughter/granddaughter. Yet the feeding frenzy WITHOUT due process, a term dear to this and every PSU board over the past six years, has not taken place and only Sen. Smalley has provided his written and ensconced among his staff, apology meaning he is admitting to doing something. Others have denied the accusations and I do not know the truth, we never will unless the man, or woman, admits to lying or hiding truth or comes clean with and admission of guilt. I don't care for Smalley but that doesn't mean he did something yet we have a pic. that appears to have him touching the woman's breast covered by the uniform.

Anyone can make an accusation and political dirty tricks are infamous "drag a $100 dollar bill through a trailer park and see what you get" attitude from serpent face demonstrates that bent. Beyond dirty tricks for political gain there is the power attitude pols tend to develop as they age in D.C. Sex, money, power all exchange for benefit, favors or cheap thrills. Someone gets violated but through embarrassment or shame they don't report it. 40 years later is beyond a statute of limitations in my mind. 10 years is more like it as an end point, not that I think getting off free is right but there should be some level of sanity about it all and much beyond 10 years is beginning to sound vindictive, not cleansing. Timing in elections is another issue I have, the closer to the election date the October Surprise occurs the more suspect any charge becomes. People have credibility issues when elections loom.

Maybe we should tear down more statues of historical value, significance and sentimentality again to rest from this next sensational "news" story.
We get too much commentary and not enough news facts, just the facts folks, not the attitude, agenda, position, eye tilt, sigh, negative frown and facial expressions juxtaposed to the big smile and exuberance when something you favor comes across the teleprompter talking head.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:22 pm

It is a conundrum. People can make accusations that have no merit and ruin a career. It can happen to anyone.