Politics

LioninVa

Re: Politics

Postby LioninVa » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:29 pm

psu_dad wrote:[i]
It's undoubtedly BS.

Franken sent her an apology for the photo incident in which he said "I understand why you could feel violated by that photo". Why on earth would he do that if she were in on it?

I have no answer for that other than the current political environment. Looking at the photo, it seems very staged. That isn’t to saw she was in on it, because she could very well be asleep. But it looks to me like his hands not touching the Kevlar vest. Of course, I am no analyst so, what do I know? If the Moore supporters can ask ‘why did it take years for allegations to come out?’ then the same should be asked here. Franken ran for Senate a few months after this incident, and had far less (if any) political clout to keep it suppressed.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:58 pm

He's not touching her in the photo. My guess is it was just the icing on the cake for her. That photo doesn't qualify as assault but, as I said earlier, it was demeaning and it sure doesn't seem like he had the type of relationship with her where she would just laugh it off. Who knows what happened during the rehearsal.

Right now it feel like we are in that waiting period before other Franken accusers. If no one else does, he can claim it was a joke, it was in poor taste and people go and focus on the next pervert. We'll see. I wouldn't be shocked if this was it and I wouldn't be shocked if it now turns out he is a serial rapist. Nothing will surprise me at this point.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:08 pm

PittGradPSUMad wrote:If possible, is anyone shocked, angered, annoyed or otherwise disturbed by the irony, the hypocrisy of President p-grabber's tweet regarding the Al Franken kerfuffle? How this tone-deaf bag of douche can look himself in the mirror is a mystery for the ages. Funny how he goes silent on the Roy Moore allegations but can weigh in on Al Franken. Just when I think it's not possible for me to muster another ounce of disdain for this cluster-fork of a human being, he proves me wrong. If there is a God in heaven, Roy Moore will be defeated on December 12, and the roiling, orange ball of shit and hot air will go down in a stinging defeat in 2020. Don't know if I can wait that long.

I see your point. And in the interest of fairness, I am no Trump fan. However, with the way the left, especially the Hollyweird crowd, has dumped on Trump since the Access Hollywood tape came to light I can see why Trump made these comments. Franken was a part of that crowd.

You could argue in this post-Weinstein era, it appears Trump was the tamest celebrity out there. Not excusing what Trump said, but the Hollyweird crowd sure looks hypocritical now.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:26 pm

How can you NOT dump on Trump after the Access Hollywood tape? He admitted so many things on that tape. Anyone who voted for that man that criticizes any other person accused of sexual improprieties is a flipping hypocrite.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:49 pm

You could argue in this post-Weinstein era, it appears Trump was the tamest celebrity out there

He's got something like 17 accusations of sexual assault against made against him. You want to argue that he's no worse, fair enough. But, I reject "tamest"

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:23 pm

I have no answer for that other than the current political environment.

I asked you why Franken would issue a written apology for something that he and Ms. Tweeden staged. You' responded "because of the current political environment"? That makes no sense.

If it was staged, there's no way Franken would apologize, because that would mean Ms Tweeden betrayed him by now pretending something she and him staged actually occurred without her knowledge/consent. Why, in God's Name, would Franken apologize for being betrayed like that? Did he recently suffer a serious head injury?

Here you go.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:35 pm

LioninVa wrote:How can you NOT dump on Trump after the Access Hollywood tape? He admitted so many things on that tape. Anyone who voted for that man that criticizes any other person accused of sexual improprieties is a flipping hypocrite.

You can dump on him. No problem. Problem here is he was dumped on by a bunch of people who were just as guilty or even worse than he was.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:47 pm

SoCrowbar, you are implicating all of the (for lack of a better term) Hollywood liberal elite into one group. Then, by that logic, can we consider all of our elected officials into a similar group because some of them have been accused of similar action? I don’t know the ratio of accused compared to not accused in each group, but that seems to be problematic to me. I get that you don’t like the Hollywood crowd, but they are not all (or probably even mostly) bad. Same with DC. It just seems cheap to make the argument you made considering Franken made a stupid photograph compare to Trumps admittedly clams; I mean, like twenty more people have to accuse Franken before he is in the same ballpark numerically and the accuseatio s are vastly less incriminating.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:59 pm

Never said all of them were pervs. But, there have been enough incidents that have come out to make me believe there are some very serious...ugh, hate to say it...culture problems in Hollywood and DC.

Btw, I didn't vote for Trump.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:31 pm

There are serious issues everywhere, I think. Too many rich and powerful men feel they can do whatever they please with any woman they meet. That is bad business and the ladies are starting to revolt, which is fine with me.

You stated a couple of times that Trumps issues were no big deal compared to Franken. I disagree with that premise nd believed you to be a member of his cult as a result. My mistake.