Politics

psu_dad

Re: Politics

Postby psu_dad » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:52 pm

Flynn is a lightweight. Until/unless they're able to interview Boris Badenov and Natasha Fatale, they won't have a clue as to what actually happened.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:54 pm

Secret under desk actuated electric door lock ...

I hope they made that up because it totally creeped me out. That's next-level Dr, Evil stuff. Who the Hell at NBC authorized THAT?

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:18 pm

Flynn is a retired 3 star general with fuck tons of experience in his resume. He may be foolish, arrogant and/or corrupt, but he is not a lightweight.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:56 pm

At least ABC is reporting that Flynn will testify that Trump ordered him to reach out to the Russians and be his pointman for discussions on how to defeat Isis. That seems to be today's big news bomb - that Trump actually didn't have a "secret plan" to defeat Isis and wanted to cooperate with Russia.

Also, I agree with Lion that Flynn was not a "light weight". You don't climb that high in the military if you are. I think it's equally ridiculous to claim he may have committed treason at Trump's behest. That makes zero sense. He may be a douchebag, but I'll take the bet he's not a traitor. The idea of it is preposterous.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:07 pm

If you both took my last post seriously, you need to take a long walk and breathe in a lot of fresh air to clear your heads. ASAP. :lol:

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:30 pm

Sorry, I read that too quickly.

Random, but relevant, side note: before I met my wife, a bunch of my friend's and I were hanging out at the shore house of another friend who was married and had a kid already. His wife had a relative from eastern Europe visiting for the summer, and she was gorgeous. So, I was trying to hook up with her and was doing pretty well. And then - probably because I had way too much to drink at that point - I did something that put me into a tailspin with her from which I could not recover. She had this fantastic eastern European accent and I asked her to, just once, say "we must get Moose and Squirrel." I think it weirded her out a bit because that was pretty much the end of her interest. Drat.

It would have been so worth it, though.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:48 pm

High risk move, but had she said it, that would be pretty much be all you needed. The only follow-up to that would have been "will you marry me?" :D

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:23 pm

Blue&White wrote:Sorry, I read that too quickly.

Random, but relevant, side note: before I met my wife, a bunch of my friend's and I were hanging out at the shore house of another friend who was married and had a kid already. His wife had a relative from eastern Europe visiting for the summer, and she was gorgeous. So, I was trying to hook up with her and was doing pretty well. And then - probably because I had way too much to drink at that point - I did something that put me into a tailspin with her from which I could not recover. She had this fantastic eastern European accent and I asked her to, just once, say "we must get Moose and Squirrel." I think it weirded her out a bit because that was pretty much the end of her interest. Drat.

It would have been so worth it, though.

You dropped a line like that and she didn't drag you into the nearest boudoir??? Most females I know would have said "you had me at moose and sqvirl....you had me at moose and sqvirl". And by the way...that is the funniest fail I've ever heard.....and I should know because I've had my share.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:13 am

The Senate election here is in one week. The Democrats have been running commercials with this soundtrack:

“Your vote is public record and your community will know whether or not you helped stop Roy Moore.”

Different versions have different African-American faces dominating the screen while the announcer speaks in a parental tone.

As an aside, I had several black friends who, in 2008, voted against obama and were basically shunned by the “community” for a long time afterwards. I love how politics brings out the best in all of us.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:16 am

Your vote is public record

It is? I'm pretty sure it's not. Who put that commercial out there? I assume it's not Jones. At least, I hope it's not Jones. He should denounce that commercial, not that it will really matter if he does.