Politics

Blue&White

Re: Politics

Postby Blue&White » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:11 pm

I have no idea. I bet they make money if you click on one of those links, though. Or, maybe steal money is more accurate.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:45 am

That's what I thought but wondered if they made money if I opened the original post. There is no impetus to go to the effort of posting if they are not making money in some fashion. I doubt they are Lion fans.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:59 am

So, Trump finally got around to calling some of the families of the special forces soldiers killed in Nigeria recently. The wife of one of the fallen soldiers took the call from a limo and her Congresswoman was in the car with her. The President was on speaker phone. Based on the stories about what was said, I have to assume that immediately prior to the call Trump was watching Airplane and was inspired by this scene. If the reports of his comments are true, it's just about the only explanation. That or he's brain damaged.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:24 am

I don't know if it's brain damage or some mental issue that he has. Everything has to be about him and he will never, ever, take blame for anything. The. Buck. Stops. There... Or, there... Or, well, you get the picture.

I mean, he was asked if he contacted the families or why he hasn't done so during an impromptu press conference. Instead of just answering the damn question, he drags his predecessors through the mud and immediately goes to his "that's what I'm hearing" reflex when called on the bogus answer. Nobody thinks the gig as Leader of the Free World is easy and I don't believe the question was a trap; so the "fake News" narrative is really not applicable here. Service members die on every president's watch, and calling the spouse or next of kin on behalf of a grateful nation is part of the job description. So, his inability to answer the question directly leads to him having to call soon (but it should have been done already as it isn't like we are losing folks like we did after the invasions following 9-11). Then he screws it up and says something wholly insensitive with a congressional representative right there.

Lama made a comment about Karma yesterday. I don't disagree that a vote for Hillary was to invite some bad juju into our lives. I just wonder if we invited worse. It is, to say the least, worse that I imagined.