Carl Spackler

Re: Politics

Postby Carl Spackler » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:29 pm

It's on my Christmas list.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:03 pm

Blue&White wrote:
psu_dad wrote:I have totally found LioninVa's Chistmas present.

I'm gonna get 2 for Mad.

So, it turns out there is a website with a commercial for that bear.

I have no words.

I want that bear...both of them.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:40 am

Flynn charged with lying to the FBI. I wonder is that charge is part of a plea deal where he pleads guilty to something small (but not so small that he can't go to jail) and agrees to provide information on other people.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:00 am

Specifically, Flynn is accused of falsely claiming that he had not asked Russia's ambassador to the United States Sergey Kislyak last Dec. 29 "to refrain from escalating the situation in response to sanctions that the United States had imposed against Russia that same day."

I'm lost. Why would he lie about that? Seems like an innocuous request to make to a foreign ambassador.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:39 am

What I'm lost on is how is that a crime? Martha Stewart went to jail for less than that, though, so I think people should be on notice that lying to the FBI when they are conducting an investigation on you is a good way to end up in jail. Better to just refuse to talk to them.

And, after all the build up, that's all they have? That is the entirety of the big Flynn investigation? Months of investigation and you caught him lying about talking to someone on 2 occasions? That's it?

I sincerely hope they cut some kind of deal and this was a compromise where they didn't charge him with everything they nailed him on, which I'm sure includes the kidnapping of the Lindbergh baby given all the hype. Because, if they didn't cut a deal where he blows the whistle on others, and this is really all they have, then I'm with Trump that this is a farce and it needs to come to an end.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:53 pm

Does this mean we are nearing the end of all the drama on the big investigation? At times in the political atmosphere if you misplace a comma you LIED to the fbi, cia, xyz, imo, upyours......

Lawyer: Did you put a knife to the chest of the victim, thrust that knife into his chest and sever an artery resulting in his death YES or NO!!!!!

The accused: Well Yes I did put a knife to his chest and cut his artery But, but ...YES or NO!!!!!! Well, Yes but I'm a cardiac surgeon performing open heart surgery!

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:10 pm

Does this mean we are nearing the end of all the drama on the big investigation?

I seriously, seriously doubt it. I think we're not even half way through the first act. With Flynn pleading guilty to nonsense, and reports that he cut a deal and is telling a story to Mueller, I suspect you've not yet seen the drama from this.

The good news is that 2018 will bring us the same level of entertainment that 2017 did. The bad news is that I hate reality TV and would like to change the channel. If there is something to charge Trump and his team with, then charge them. If there isn't, then stop. And, if you need more time, can we all stop talking about this until the investigate is done and deal with it all at once?

As a secondary point, can anyone think of another election in their lifetime that was talked about for as long after the fact as this one? I don't think the agony and reporting of the 2000 election and the associated law suits came anywhere close to this.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:08 pm

Several outlets are reporting that the big revelation from Flynn is that Jared Kushner told him to talk to officials from several countries, including Russia, about their upcoming (at the time) UN Vote on Israeli settlements. They were trying to influence the outcome of that UN vote prior to Trump taking office less than a month later.

If that's really all they have, then can we be done with this now? That may be technically a violation of law, but it's a ~200 year old law, and its constitutionality is in serious question. If that is really all they have -- so f*cking what? What a colossal waste of time and energy.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:18 pm

That is all that has come out. It is possible there is more, or not. We are not privy to what the special council has at this point. If I had to bet, I would pit money on there being more fire out there. Ivanka went to daddy at some point when that started talking to Jared asking him to end this, according to some insiders. Trump is arrogant enough to think he could; he obviously is unaware of Nixon.

Considering the Starr investigation went on for years, and Donny is nowhere as politically savvy as the Clintons, I think we haven’t scratched the surface of revelations. But, for the same reason, it might not take nearly as long.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:40 pm

As a secondary point, can anyone think of another election in their lifetime that was talked about for as long after the fact as this one?

If you had just voted for the person the MSM told you to vote for, none of this would be happening. Next time, do as you're told.