Politics

Blue&White

Re: Politics

Postby Blue&White » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:02 pm

Confidence is silent and insecurities are loud.

This, in a nutshell, describes the entire Trump presidency. If he could just STFU he could probably be somewhat successful.

Also, dad, no one is buying you "found" the Nutty Bars box. No one. I'm with the Mrs.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:12 pm

Now I know how Alfred Dreyfus felt.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:46 pm

sameoldlama wrote:I have no issues publicly recognizing the military and there are ample opportunities to do this without rolling tanks down the street.

Exactly.

Having a little experience in the parade category, when do we have parades in small town America? St. Patrick's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Veterans Day and sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas to light the town. Sure, there are big parades like Macy's Thanksgiving and the Rose Bowl on New Years, but I am talking about one you might see in a John Mellencamp video (do they still do videos?).

We already have a parade to honor veterans in nearly every town. We have a federal holiday as well. I can't imagine that the president isn't already aware of this, but one never knows.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:58 pm

Trump just signed a 2 year budget deal that ends the shut down and takes this issue off the table until the 2020 election cycle (and won't that be fun!). The deal - which passed with the help of the Democrats - is estimated to push the deficit over 1 TRILLION dollars a year. (insert Dr. Evil picture here, I guess)

Added to my list of things I never want to hear again: Republicans complaining about the deficit.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:15 pm

Paul Ryan gave a speech the other day about the insanity of yet another deficit-laden budget. Had he stuck to that position and we ended up without a budget for a prolonged period, he would have been crucified. By caving, he will now be crucified. Classic lose-lose scenario.

No one in Washington is going to risk their career by doing the fiscally responsible thing. Not one of them. It's way too sweet a gig.
What's going to happen is what I've been saying is going to happen for years. We're going to keep spending money we don't have until the debt service crushes us. Then, we're totally screwed.

You may want to "go long" on MRE and pre-fab bunker stocks.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:30 pm

Stephen Hawking predicted that humans are on pace to be extinct in less than 100 years. So, given that, worrying about the national debt is a bit like when Carla Jean comes home from her mother's funeral and finds Anton Chigurh waiting for her. When she complains she doesn't know how she's going to be pay for her mother's funeral Chigurh says "I wouldn't worry about it".

This situation maybe similar.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:55 pm

Carl Jean: You don't have to do this......
Anton Chiguhr: that's what everyone says.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:04 pm

My wife couldn't figure out why Chigurh didn't just steamroll the fat lady who ran the trailer park, just as he did everyone else. My theory is that, in his own weird way, he admired her for not being intimidated and not backing down.

Chigurh: Where does he work?
Fat Lady: Sir, I ain't at liberty to give out no information about our residents.
Chigurh: Where does he work?
Fat Lady: Did you not hear me? We can't give out no information.

I liked her.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:21 pm

Finally, movie quotes I've heard, seen and understand although I'd have never remembered the characters.

I loved the propulsion system he used to shoot people. I suspect it was from a slaughter house. Steel projectiles propelled by compressed air, cool - bulky but cool. Me, I'm a 308 Winchester type. Or a 5.56 x 51 mm type. I could go on but why.

That was a strange movie, exciting but strange. I don't think I understood the quote at the end of movie by the sheriff, frankly my dear, I forget the quote.
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:27 pm

EdTom: ....and then I woke up. (CU on EdTom, cut to black).

Not sure it was meant to be understood.....felt, perhaps.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.