Politics

psu_dad

Re: Politics

Postby psu_dad » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:02 pm

For the last time, I FOUND that Nutty Bar box on my lawn.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Carl Spackler

New Facial ReKognition in the offing

Postby Carl Spackler » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:55 pm

Scanned this earlier today, a bit futuristic for my tastes and filled with problems so it will probably be instituted be the govt. next week...lol, or not lol...

https://askbobrankin.com/monster_homeland_advanced_recognition_technology.html?awt_l=MA_TF&awt_m=JhWXJKI_ROP6SL
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:41 am

I always wear these when on the internet, just to be safe.

---------------------

PS - Ten years from now, that's probably how you're going to be unlocking your front door. I don't think being a locksmith is a growth industry.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:04 am

My phone unlocks with an iris scan.

All this security is a double edged sword. It helps keep out thieves but it also helps compile all this information on you that is stored by large corporations and governments. Supposedly this information is all encrypted but who knows what that really means.

Remember the kerfuffle back 2.5 years ago when the government wanted Apple to break their encryption for the iphone and Apple refused. This was because the FBI wanted to get access to the phones of the shooters in the San Bernardino mass shooting at that Christmas party. And then the government came back with "never mind" and said they didn't need Apple. And that was the end of it. So, how did the FBI just break unbreakable encryption?

I have a theory on that one - I think they used the thumbprint off the 2 corpses of the shooters. Once they had the phones unlocked they just changed the passwords and could access them any time they wanted. That's obviously a limited time thing (once the bodies decompose enough you're not getting that fingerprint) but I feel pretty confident that's what the government did in that case. But, so many of us have our fingerprints on file for whatever reason. I got fingerprinted when I took the bar. My wife gets fingerprinted every year for background checks for her licenses. It's not beyond the realm of possibility that someone could get access to those fingerprint files and create something that opens my phone, gets my passwords, etc.

All this is just a mixed blessing. Scary times.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:53 am

I am old school and will never change. I don't trust these companies and the government at all. I unwillingly gave my fingerprints a few years ago so I could continue teaching. I get the security part of all of this but these companies have shown ZERO privacy when they get a chance to make an extra buck. I bought something at Lowes the other day and now it is showing up in my advertisement feeds. I hate the new internet.

I need to watch the Truman Show again and see all of the things they had correct. Every time I hear Mike and Mike (I know they are gone) get someone of the Penzoil line I always think of the Truman show where the wife was always trying to interject advertisements throughout the movie.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:32 pm

I'm with grower. I don't trust the govt. to have ultraistic motives and this article only fuels that sentiment. Too much info on too may innocuous people who will never be a problem. The use of semantics to associate nearly everyone with a foreign connection so as to surveil us is exactly what govt. overreach is all about in my mind. We are going down a road that is one way, no return, do not pass Go, do not collect $200. :o :shock: :( :cry: :roll: :evil:
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:04 pm

While not a fan of the federal gov't my reticence to having such a heavy on line presence stems from the need to have dozens and dozens of usernames, passwords and security questions I have to maintained.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:01 pm

I'm not happy with the idea of my personal details being tracked by the government or large corporations but I sort of view it the way I view every breach of my personal financial information - that ship has sailed already. Everything there is to know about me is already out there. This isn't going to change much.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:17 pm

I think the government is too busy tying to find terrorist and anarchist to care about the average joe. I suppose if they happen to stumble across something illegal or entertaining, that is akin to a blind squirrel finding a nut. The real worry is corporate America. They have figured out that smart phones can listen to you and push advertising based on what it hears. Sure, Alexa only turns on when she hears "Alexa" but how does she hear it if she isn't listening? Then there are the sites that push ads based on searches, but that is just us asking for it if we don't clean our cookies and stuff. There is nothing we can do now, except maybe move to Montana and live off the grid; but I think that would draw more attention...

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:12 pm

Blue&White wrote:I'm not happy with the idea of my personal details being tracked by the government or large corporations but I sort of view it the way I view every breach of my personal financial information - that ship has sailed already. Everything there is to know about me is already out there. This isn't going to change much.

I am not disagreeing with ya but I am going to do my best to put out the least amount of information that I can.