Politics

Blue&White

Re: Politics

Postby Blue&White » Wed May 23, 2018 8:21 am

Here you go, Lama. Justice and compassion combined into one story that you can be proud of.

Meanwhile, the President of the United States intervened on the behalf of a Chinese dissident and prevented him from being deported last year. I'm sure that decision wasn't at all influenced by the guy being both a billionaire and a member of his Mar-A-Lago resort. Because, the equal application of law is how this administration roles.
Is it baseball season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed May 23, 2018 9:17 am

You're not seriously implying that people of wealth and influence receiving favorable treatment is unique to the current administration. Are you?

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed May 23, 2018 9:17 am

Unique? No.

Consistent? Yes.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Thu May 24, 2018 6:55 am

I assume you all heard that the NFL owners decided on a penalty for players who don stand for the anthem, but also gave them the option to not come out before it. Our president was asked by his cheerleader news team about this. He actually said that maybe people who don’t stand for the anthem shouldn’t be in this country. This from a cat who got deferments from military service during the draft...

Nat@PSU

Postby Nat@PSU » Thu May 24, 2018 7:03 am

LioninVa wrote:I assume you all heard that the NFL owners decided on a penalty for players who don stand for the anthem, but also gave them the option to not come out before it. Our president was asked by his cheerleader news team about this. He actually said that maybe people who don’t stand for the anthem shouldn’t be in this country. This from a cat who got deferments from military service during the draft...

He is a virulent piece of trash. What would you expect that blithering dolt to say?

An article about this from the guy who runs EDSBS (Florida Football fan and funny as hell) Spencer Hall.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/5/23/17382142/nfl-national-anthem-policy-inarticulate-yelling
- Nat

Let's Go State!!

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Thu May 24, 2018 7:22 am

He actually said that maybe people who don’t stand for the anthem shouldn’t be in this country.

I don't agree with that, but I think you're kidding yourself if you think it's a position that very few people agree with.

I've said it before. He's not dividing this country. His being in office is the product of the great divide that already exists. And it's going to get worse. Much worse.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu May 24, 2018 8:36 am

I don't agree with that, but I think you're kidding yourself if you think it's a position that very few people agree with.

Polls show opinions vary on this. But, the one group I'm sure agrees with this are the people who support him no matter what. This statement was red meat to his base and was intended to rile them up. This whole thing is intended to distract. He is the master at changing the subject.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Thu May 24, 2018 9:00 am

I don't live among his "base" (whatever that is) so I can't comment on that. The only people I see that he "riles" up are the people who already hate him. He sure riles the snot out of them.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu May 24, 2018 9:58 am

Summit with North Korea has been officially cancelled by the US. You pretty much knew that was never going to happen. Oh well.

Let's see what happens next.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Thu May 24, 2018 10:21 am

How is the wall coming along?