Politics

Blue&White

Re: Politics

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:21 pm

U.S. centers force migrant children to take drugs

I'd like to say I am shocked by this revelation but, really, I am not. I expected no less. I can't wait to hear the defense to this.

But, don't worry, because, as usual, Trump is only hiring the best people/
Is it baseball season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:38 pm

I used to know a guy name Franky Santos. He was a plumber. Probably not the same guy.
Klaatu barada nikto

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:56 pm

Blue&White wrote:U.S. centers force migrant children to take drugs

I'd like to say I am shocked by this revelation but, really, I am not. I expected no less. I can't wait to hear the defense to this.

But, don't worry, because, as usual, Trump is only hiring the best people/

I hope this truly is fake news.

Absolutely reprehensible and repulsive, if accurate. WTF is the matter with the people in charge of this???
National Champions 1911, 1912, 1969, 1981, 1982, 1986, 1994

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:23 pm

Washington, DC – Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee, a Senior Member of the House Homeland Security and Judiciary Committees and Founder and Co-Chair of the Congressional Children’s Caucus released the following statement today:

“I am appalled by record of abuse and mistreatment of children at the Shiloh Treatment Center in Manvel documented by the Houston Chronicle in an expose published December 19, 2014. The abuses documented in that report – ranging from physical violence, unreasonable and excessive use of physical restraints, administering emergency medications without notice to governmental authorities, and several deaths of minor children while in custody – is not reflective of the quality of care and support that should be provided to the at-risk children, including the dozens of unaccompanied immigrant children, committed to its care."
Klaatu barada nikto

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:41 pm

If that bit about deaths and restraints is accurate, people should be in jail.

Other than that, is your point of posting that some kind of defense to drugging these kids? What she described in 2014 was unacceptable and people should be held criminally accountable for it. I'm not sure what that has to do with this latest fiasco.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:04 pm

You said you "expected no less". Were you trying to make a point about the current administration or government facilities in general?
Klaatu barada nikto

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:30 pm

Really in general. I knew there was a abuse and neglect previously. One of the issues raised about what was happening is the same facilities that had been caught abusing kids in the past were being utilized again and people should expect the same thing to happen.

I think the reality is when you have to place a lot of kids there will be issues. You need look no further than the foster care system in all 50 states.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:41 pm

Sorry to double post, but one other point on this:

I think what the Trump administration did here was immoral and inhumane. But, I don't believe for one second that the Trump team was looking to have children abused or was more likely to abuse children than the Obama administration. If that's what you took from my post, then I did not articulate myself well. The reality is the people who work in these facilities are generally not well paid and you are not always getting professional people. And, jobs like this are going to attract people who are inclined to physically or sexually abuse children. That's the reality. It's is appalling that they had hired someone who was facing felony drug charges. That should never have happened. People who are facing prison time or have criminal records should never get jobs near children. And, given the backlash they knew was going to come from this, it's unconsciounable that they were not squeaky clean on the hiring of these people. But, it was inevitable with this many kids being contained that there was going to be instances of abuse.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:11 pm

If that's what you took from my post, then I did not articulate myself well.

That's what I took. And I don't really give a rat's ass about President Knucklehead, but I thought it was a cheap shot. I'm glad you clarified. And I agree. I can't (and probably don't want to) imagine what most government facilities for "troubled" kids are like.

As far as the fellow facing felony charges, around here it's pretty standard to do a CORI and SORI check on ANYONE applying for a job with children. Perhaps this guy was never previously convicted and isn't in the database?
Klaatu barada nikto

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:15 pm

No idea how that happened. It's inexecusable.

Regarding the drugging of kids - that is not the result of bad hiring. That was a decision that came from somewhere. People making $10/hour didn't show up with expensive drugs to give to kids to keep them contained. That was someone up high making a decision and someone should be held accountable for that. There are things you may not be able to control when you deal with a lot of people, but the use of medications is not on that list.