Politics

sameoldlama

Re: Politics

Postby sameoldlama » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:45 pm

LioninVa wrote:I don’t disagree, _dad. Do you really think one man saying we will stop it was anything more than trying to impress the girl? You are smart enough to know how things work.

That might be more plausible if he wasn't already banging her and he wasn't neck deep in the tanking of the HRC investigation and the initiation of DT investigation. She was already impressed enough to have an out of wedlock affair with a co-worker (about a big a no no as you can do in the intelligence agency) and he clearly took actions that backed up what was implied in the text.

I know people who do contract work with gov't and have to get security clearances and I can tell you if they were married and had an affair and used a government phone to conduct said affair and implied questionable actions regarding an election they would have that clearance yanked out their hands so fast they would get 3rd degree burns.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:07 pm

We're talking past each other.

Truth be told, I don't care about any of this. I don't care about Trump. I don't care about May. I don't care about Brexit. And I don't care about The Sun. Fish & chips, I do care about. A lot. But that's another thread.

I just reject the notion that if you cite a couple of quotes accurately in a news article, that's proof that it's not "fake news". It's not. There have been countless people over the years other than President Knucklehead who have been screwed over by selective editing (or emphasis) in both the print and visual media. It's been around forever.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:36 pm

I read an article recently that HRC is seriously considering running again. And that there is a realistic chance she could get the nomination.

Sighhhhhhhhhh.

If she does get the nomination in 2020 I may vote for Trump just out of spite. That'll tell me the Dems truly haven't learned anything.
41-33.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:46 pm

sameoldlama wrote:I know people who do contract work with gov't and have to get security clearances and I can tell you if they were married and had an affair and used a government phone to conduct said affair and implied questionable actions regarding an election they would have that clearance yanked out their hands so fast they would get 3rd degree burns.

I know some as well. I have a security clearance. Your statement, while ideological, is not accurate. There are other factors. Sure, you are not supposed to use a governing for personal reasons. You are not supposed to use a personal phone for work business either. The reality is that many choose to use one of the other. If the behavior is on the up and up, or simply not noticed, nobody says anything. I'm not suggesting it is right, but that it happens.

That said, I find it amusing h that this representative from SC (Gowdy?) Held hearing after hearing on Hillary, Benghazi and her emAil server and then goes apeshit when this FIB guy tries to answer his questions on bias. The definition of Kangaroo Court.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:56 pm

Gotta weigh in, Dad. You've created a false equivalency here with your MA story and president pants-on-fire's interview in the Sun. Sounds to me like the Sun reported, let's say, ninety-five percent of what trump said and left five percent out. Trump flat-out denied what he said about May in the interview then blamed it on his tried and true "fake news" lie that he rolls out each and every time a media outlet reports something he doesn't like. He claimed the WH tapes of the interview would prove it. The Sun's audio transcripts once again showed the liar-in-chief to be the pathological liar that he is. Shockingly, no audio transcripts have been provided by the WH. I'm not here to defend the media, but the idea that the media slants or falsely reports all things trump bothers me. A lot. Certainly, reporters get the story wrong at times, but there is a heavy price to pay for sloppy reporting. Depending upon the gravity of the error, a news outlet sacrifices credibility and some reporters lose their jobs. I'm glad the media is there to cover this poor excuse for a human being. Sometimes in the course of doing its job, the media pisses off a lot of people. That's what reporters are supposed to do by reporting the day's events. If they don't, they're not doing their job......they become cheerleaders. Like the "real" news people at fox news.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:07 pm

Crowbar wrote:I read an article recently that HRC is seriously considering running again. And that there is a realistic chance she could get the nomination.

Sighhhhhhhhhh.

If she does get the nomination in 2020 I may vote for Trump just out of spite. That'll tell me the Dems truly haven't learned anything.

I'll wager that the chance trump will publicly apologize to all the people he's insulted and screwed over the years is greater than the chance of another HRC candidacy. Regardless, the chance that the dems will have learned anything by 2020 is zilch.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:33 pm

If HRC runs against DT in 2020 that will tell me none of us have learned our lesson.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:46 pm

The problem for the Dems is Trump is pushing them so far to the left it is almost impossible for normal and sane people to like them. Abolish ICE? Are you kidding me?

If they could find the middle of the road they'd clean up in November and beyond.
41-33.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:17 pm

... there is a heavy price to pay for sloppy reporting.

That price is already being paid.

Back in the 1800s, gas lights mounted on posts were used to light up cities at night. Lamp lighters had to go around lighting them at dusk and then extinguishing them at dawn. Despite all the flaws, it remained a popular method of urban illumination for nearly a hundred years.

What's the point? That's the sort of story people will be telling about newspapers 50 years from now.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:59 pm

But when Dear Leader says that a story is fake, and a good deal of the population believes him without any form af verification, do you blame the reporter or the people? Asking for a friend...