Politics

Nat@PSU

Re: Politics

Postby Nat@PSU » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:48 am

Well, to be fair, I thought it would be obvious. When I said that I did think psu_dad was a d-bag, what I obviously meant was that I DIDN'T think that. So if you just put that in I think it clears things up.
- Nat

Let's Go State!!

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:37 pm

Right.

In all honesty, I'm ready to move away from the discussion where we just attack each other personally. The whole thing has been counter-productive.

Soooo .... how about them Mets?
Is it baseball season yet?

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:59 pm

Blue&White wrote:Right.

In all honesty, I'm ready to move away from the discussion where we just attack each other personally. The whole thing has been counter-productive.

Soooo .... how about them Mets?

The Mets? Do they still suck? That is, I meant to ask....do they not still not suck? And howsabout those Pirates....won five straight from the Brewers before the all-star break. Hasn't been a five game sweep in MLB since 2006. But, yes...the Pirates still suck. Or not. Could be other teams that suck. There are many teams out there.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:04 pm

Well, the Mets don't suck this week thanks to the break.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:01 pm

so, Trump walked back his walk back. And when asked if we are still being targetted by Russia, he said "no". So, per Trump, there is nothing to worry about with respect to Russia interference in the upcoming 2018 midterm elections. Per the intelligene community, however, that is 100% inaccurate. But, Trump was asked the question if Russia was still targetting us and he said "no".

THEN there was a press conference with Sarah Sanders where she took the position that the White House denies that Trump doesn't believe Russia is interefering with the election. Seems reporting what Trump said - on video TYVM - is "fake news" and how dare the press accuse him of saying something he said.

Like him/don't like him. Agree with him/disagree with him. Think this matters/think it doesn't matter. No matter where you fall on that specture, you have to admit this is really, really bizarre.

Oh, I know a lot is going to be made about his Montenegro comments, but that is the point I agree with. That's the point I made the other day. He didn't articulate it well, per usual, but his fundamental point is right. Why should the US risk war because of Montengro? Why did we sign up to that?

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:25 pm

Regarding the esteemed press secretary, she said that when he said no, he clearly meant that he wasn’t answering the question. Even though went on about how tough he is in Russia and how Putin understands this.

I guess “it depends on what your definition of ‘is’ is” isn’t longer so absurd...

And, for the record, I specifically did not call anyone a name. I don’t deny stirring the pot, but what else is new.

Nat@PSU

Postby Nat@PSU » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:03 pm

I'm not ending this until I have the chance to speak my piece:

BDub, you're a first class doo-doo head.

Sorry my language was so explicit. I had to speak my mind.
- Nat

Let's Go State!!

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:58 am

Trump is actually considering letting Putin interrogate 11 US citizens on BS charges. The list includes a former US ambassador to Russia.

I predict 2 things happen:
1. He drops this stupid idea after someone manages to convince him it's political suicide, and
2. He calls the report that he considered this "fake news" and blames the press for accurately reporting the story.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:31 am

I’m not sure how he will play it, but I am sure his base will buy it hook, line and sinker. They always do.

The Fake New York Times reported overnight that Trump was shown highly classified intelligence that Putin personally ordered the cyberattacks to influence the 2016 election. The report states he was made aware of this Jan 6, 2017. Yesterday, he said he holds Putin responsible because he is the head of Russia.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:05 am

I think a lot of the outrage over him is over the top hyperbole. The majority of what he does is no different than any Republican president would have done and most Democrats. A lot of this - not all, obviously - is not vastly different than what Hillary Clinton would have done.The problem is that the press hates him and he's such an jackass it makes it easy to go after him.

This Russia stuff the past few days is a bit different. He's really digging a hole for hiimself here. I don't know if he colluded in the 2016 election, but he is sure giving the impression he is colluding in the 2018 election.

The Republicans up for election and reelection this coming November must all be dying inside.