Politics

Blue&White

Re: Politics

Postby Blue&White » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:43 pm

I'd rather plunge sharpened sticks into my eyeballs than watch a second of that shit show.

This.

Exactly this.

I know Trump is a scumbag but I have no desire to watch another scumbag talk about it.
Is it baseball season yet?

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:56 pm

I don’t know. The shot where Tlaib accused Meadows (I think) of a racist play by propping up a black female Trump staffer as proof that Trump isn’t racist, and the ensuing chaos was pretty interesting.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:00 pm

Why would you not want to watch it first hand?? This is the president who represents the greatest country in the world! This man is an absolute toolbag, asshat, sexually inappropriate, racist dickface! He runs our fricken country. I said in the past that the president doesn't do much but sign bills into law and can't really screw things up. Well, Trump can screw things up and the Republican party doesn't give a shit. They are supporting this asshat and the the the people in this country. I cannot understand for the life of me how a person who is a minority, has a daughter, or is female can support this man. I am absolutely baffled by this and it shows exactly what Cohen said, "He is a conman and cheat." Again, I want to reiterate that I am registered libertarian and vote for the person I think will do the best job. I only voted for Clinton due to Supreme Court nominees. I was not a fan of hers but my daughter"s future is on the line!

BTW, Cohen was is right hand man for years and is now spilling the beans. If Trump was a mafia type of man most people would be appalled. Again, Trump has the country bamboozled and it saddens me!

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:00 am

Well, watching it was never an option for me as a) it was on during working hours and b) I'm on the road which affords me even fewer opportunities to pull away. But, that aside, I really have no desire to watch a train wreck.

Nothing is going to come from this. Even if the House Dems do impeach him the Senate is not going to vote to remove him. There simply is not the votes to do that. So, we are stuck with this situation until 2020 at least. It's not beyond the realm of possibility that shithead can get reelected. And then we get another 4 years of this turmoil. Or, the Dems can win and we get 4 years of different but equally disturbing turmoil.

It's just getting increasingly difficult for me to watch it all. Nothing changes and the American middle class taxpayers are always the losers.
Is it baseball season yet?

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:46 pm

I completely agree we are stuck with him until 2020 but I am massively concerned what happens in 2020! I just hope enough people change their vote from him to someone else!

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:06 pm

You'd better hope
a: he gets caught on some financial fraud he committed that's a felony
b: decides he's had enough
c: The Rs figure out how to rig a primary like the Ds
d: any of the above
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:24 pm

I expect to see a different campaign strategy from the dems. Not sure if that is good or bad, it will depend on if they reflect Trumpian styles or go a new road. I also expect record numbers of dems to vote, possibly the same for GOP.

We may see financial fraud if the path AOC laid bears light. But that remains to be seen and President Trump seems to put Teflon presidents to shame. I agree that an impeachment is not likely and doubt his ego will allow him to simply walk away. If he is, as I expect, the nominee, I also expect the dems to rally the troops better than 2016. But Bernie will either need to win or drop out early, or really convince his camp to vote for the democratic nominee (much better than before), for that to take place.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:20 pm

I am not sure Trump makes it out of this unscathed. The Dems need to show how Trump is a dbag.

Any thoughts on Trump setting up this Nkorea meeting today? Did Trump know Cohen would go before congress before this meeting was set up?

Secondly, the people who support Dump, why aren't they pissed about how Dump treats NKorea and Russia? Another reason I am baffled on his support.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:36 pm

Maybe the RICO statutes come into play

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:22 am

Whether he conveniently set-up the NK meeting because of Cohen is something we will probably never know.

IMHO, I am in favor of any President having dialogue with enemy leaders to try and work things out.

He should have let the wall thing go, much like Obama let the closing of Gitmo go. Does he really think Ann Coulter and company are going to switch sides? Liberals may have been pissed Obama didn't close Gitmo as promised, but there was no mass evacuation of liberals from Obama's camp because of it either.
National Champions 1911, 1912, 1969, 1981, 1982, 1986, 1994