Politics

PittGradPSUMad

Re: Politics

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:28 pm

I thought those poles were ten feet long. Never heard of not touching someone with a six foot pole. Maybe you mean a six foot tall person of Polish descent.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:11 pm

Back in the 70s, there was a Polish pro tennis player (I forget his name) who was known to be very cranky. One sports writer described him as "the original 6-foot pole you wouldn't want to touch anything with".
Fire Alex Cora

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:22 am

psu_dad wrote:Back in the 70s, there was a Polish pro tennis player (I forget his name) who was known to be very cranky. One sports writer described him as "the original 6-foot pole you wouldn't want to touch anything with".

Sounds a lot like Ilie Nastase. I believe he was a Czech with the well-earned nickname "Nasty". He was a tall sumbitch. And nasty, too.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:58 am

So, turns out that not everyone is on board with Trump pulling back from attacking Iran.

Two big takeaways, at least for me, from this OpEd:
1. I agree with her conclusion that consistently putting forth rhetoric and policies that really only leave military action as an option and then not following through really hurts US credibility
2. The fact that the author makes a few salient points on how Trump is conducting foreign policy doesn't change the fact that this was clearly written by a raving psychopath. I mean, the bloodlust evident in that piece is scarier than an lunacy Trump has conjured up.

Unfortunately, that piece is not atypical of the US media. They all ejaculate when the US starts using force. The headlines across the board are all focused on the disappointment that Trump backed down. But, does everyone remember how they lauded Trump for finally being "Presidential" when he launched a bunch of missiles into Syria?

It's a sick, sick world we live in, my friends.
Is it football season yet?

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:17 pm

A line from one of my favorite movies seems appropriate:

President Andrew Shepherd: Leon, somewhere in Libya right now, a janitor's working the night shift at Libyan Intelligence Headquarters. He's going about doing his job... because he has no idea, in about an hour he's going to die in a massive explosion. He's just going about his job, because he has no idea that about an hour ago I gave an order to have him killed. You've just seen me do the least Presidential thing I do.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:22 pm

John Sanders, the acting head of U.S. Customs and Border Protection, has announced he's resigning. I wonder if he still has the claim check ticket for his soul.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:35 pm

I saw that there is a Russian warship visiting Cuba right now. I don’t know how common (or not) that is these days.

And our esteemed tweeter in chief apparently did not appreciate the leader of Iran calling him retarded today. He literally threatened to obliterate them.

You can’t make this stuff up!

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:23 pm

And our esteemed tweeter in chief apparently did not appreciate the leader of Iran calling him retarded today. He literally threatened to obliterate them.

In fairness, he didn't threaten to obliterate them over anything they said. He said if they attacked anything Ameircan they would be met with overwhelming force, which could include obliteration.

so .... you sort of did make that stuff up. 8-)

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:38 pm

But deep down I think that comment came because he was called retarded. Only one is allowed to call others names.

Maybe if their president sent an oversized letter eating pariases and platitudes, they could become friends...

Nat@PSU

Postby Nat@PSU » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:30 pm

At a minimum, this is some genuinely strange shit to see on a day to day from the President. What a time to be alive.
- Nat

Let's Go State!!