Politics

Blue&White

Re: Politics

Postby Blue&White » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:32 am

Accused child sex trafficker Jefferey Epstein, who has ties across the political spectrum and could have embarrassed a lot of people, and who was reportedly already on suicide watch, managed to kill himself overnight while being held in federal custody.

Someone has some serious explaining to do.
Is it football season yet?

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:57 pm

Meanwhile, the great, big, gaseous bag of orange bullshit has retweeted a post that in some bizarro universe connects Bill Clinton to Epstein's "murder".
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:46 pm

I saw that. Because, you know, Bill Clinton has more control over the Justice Department and the federal prisons than Trump.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:23 pm

Right?

The take away I got out of this, after the obvious “ couldn’t happen to a better guy” of course, was that conspiracy theories are bullshit, unless they play to your point of view.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:21 pm

Death couldn't happen to a nicer guy, but he got off easy in my opinion. It's tragic his victims will never get the opportunity to confront him and hold him accountable for what he did.

As for the conspiracy theories, the most simple explanation of the guards were understaffed and screwed up is the most plausible. The question is "why was he taken off suicide watch?" and "why was he not taken some place where they could better monitor him?". My guess is the answer to the 2nd question is "there is no better place".

I bet there are a lot of people who breathed a huge sigh of relief when they woke up yesterday and found out the scumbag was dead and can't take them down. Hopefully he left written records somewhere of who did and knew what.

As for Trump, you'd think a guy who complains about fake news all the time when it comes to him would be a little more circumspect about putting out bullshit conspiracy theories. Guess not.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:55 am

While we're on the subject, I saw a "news" article this morning about Kate Middleton "sharing a funny moment" with a little girl dressed as a unicorn. Naturally, I jumped all over it because it contained two of my favorite things: (a) British royalty and (b) unicorns. I don't know why there aren't more articles like this in the news every day.

Mrs psu_dad: What does that have to do with politics?
Me: I forget.
Fire Alex Cora

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:15 am

Be careful, Dad. All this mishegoss will make you cynical. Someday. Perhps. Good thing Mrs. Dad is there to keep you centered.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:36 am

While we're on the subject of Mrs. Dad, she suggested maybe I need a new suit for my nephew's wedding. Help me out. Is this formal enough for an evening reception?

Fire Alex Cora

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:34 am

I dunno. Not sure lavender works for you. Barney purple, perhaps.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:42 am

I think it's fine. You just need to add a bowtie and you're good to go.