Politics

psu_dad

Re: Politics

Postby psu_dad » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:27 pm

Hey, here's a theory.
Maybe the FBI issued the interim clearance originally knowing full well Porter would eventually embarrass President Knucklehead. :lol:
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:32 pm

I'm not aware that they pressured the FBI but perhaps they did. That has not been reported so I assume they did not. Which means at some very foreseeable point in the future his clearance went bye-bye. So, why were they looking to promote him? Why were they trying so hard to keep him? Why did Trump spend political capital going out and publically defending him? It makes no sense.

My wife's comment yesterday was "who the heck is this guy that they cared?". I have no idea how to answer that. The only thing I can think of is they decided he was their kind of guy, the charges were really not that big a deal, and the FBI view didn't really matter to them and they can get around it by just bad mouthing them some more. If that is what they thought, they were very wrong on those latter 2 points. But, those are just guesses on my part.

btw, it's a whole day of fun for the WH. I got a news blast a little while ago that reporters are asking about Melania's parents immigration status and how they were able to come live in the country a year ago? Was it chain immigration that got them in? And, the White House is refusing to take any questions on the topic. They aren't even giving the expected response of "they came here completely legally and HOW DARE YOU infer otherwise". They are just saying they won't discuss it. I'm sure the press will just say "ok" and give up on chasing this story now.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:33 pm

psu_dad wrote:Hey, here's a theory.
Maybe the FBI issued the interim clearance originally knowing full well Porter would eventually embarrass President Knucklehead. :lol:

That's actually not the craziest thing I've heard.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Nat@PSU

Postby Nat@PSU » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:54 pm

sameoldlama wrote:
Nat@PSU wrote:His job places him in a position to see information that require the highest levels of clearance in our government (i.e. the PDB). He had access to this info without having passed the clearance process.

For a group of people who went apoplectic over Hillary and her server under the premise that mismanaging state secrets is essentially treasonous, the hypocrisy here is pretty incredible.

1. Show me the post of any board member defending the administration in regards to this matter - defending their actions while criticizing Hillary would constitute hypocrisy. Lack of attention to detail and government protocol is a legitimate criticism of this administration that prevents them from moving actual policy / agenda forward. If DT is going to brag about "getting the best people" then Emmert like this can't happen.

2. Hillary - in my estimation - knowingly violated the law and subsequently destroyed evidence in order to obstruct an investigation - I haven't read much in regards to the Porter matter or security clearances in general for DT administration but is the allegation they haven't complied with protocol because they are ignorant of what they should be doing, lazy / procrastinating or willfully not complying as method of concealing illegal activity? Maybe they should just ask someone like Comey to say they didn't intend to do anything wrong so let's just move on.

Hillary's handling of documents / private servers was a criminal act - likely in order to cover up her treasonous acts of accepting bribes from foreign agents seeking influence of US governmental policy.

I was referencing the Trump administration when I wrote "the hypocrisy here is pretty incredible." Did not foresee the firestorm of response.
- Nat

Let's Go State!!

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:56 pm

This administration should have figured out by now that the media and mainstream political body (especially Dems) have one goal - get him out of office because they hate him with a white hot searing passion.

They've been put on notice the last year - bungling stuff like this can't happen. If Porter didn't disclose this in his interview process someone should put a size 12 from toe to heel in his rear end - how did he think this wasn't going to come out at some time.

Some mistakes aren't always foreseeable - this being a problem you could see from outer space.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:59 pm

Nat@PSU wrote:
sameoldlama wrote:
Nat@PSU wrote:His job places him in a position to see information that require the highest levels of clearance in our government (i.e. the PDB). He had access to this info without having passed the clearance process.

For a group of people who went apoplectic over Hillary and her server under the premise that mismanaging state secrets is essentially treasonous, the hypocrisy here is pretty incredible.

1. Show me the post of any board member defending the administration in regards to this matter - defending their actions while criticizing Hillary would constitute hypocrisy. Lack of attention to detail and government protocol is a legitimate criticism of this administration that prevents them from moving actual policy / agenda forward. If DT is going to brag about "getting the best people" then Emmert like this can't happen.

2. Hillary - in my estimation - knowingly violated the law and subsequently destroyed evidence in order to obstruct an investigation - I haven't read much in regards to the Porter matter or security clearances in general for DT administration but is the allegation they haven't complied with protocol because they are ignorant of what they should be doing, lazy / procrastinating or willfully not complying as method of concealing illegal activity? Maybe they should just ask someone like Comey to say they didn't intend to do anything wrong so let's just move on.

Hillary's handling of documents / private servers was a criminal act - likely in order to cover up her treasonous acts of accepting bribes from foreign agents seeking influence of US governmental policy.

I was referencing the Trump administration when I wrote "the hypocrisy here is pretty incredible." Did not foresee the firestorm of response.

My bad.

I thought hypocrisy was a given for basically every politician at the federal level so calling it out referenced this community.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:22 pm

As someone involved with public administration one of the biggest problems with the Trump administration is that so many have not been in government before. Yeah, I know lots of people say that's a good thing and it can be, but there needs to be some folks who have "been there before". Many of these appointees have never served in the public realm before. The reality is a lot of them are used to making decisions behind closed doors and without public scrutiny and availing themselves of various perks. That's why you're seeing so many ethics violations. They don't know any better because it's not the way they're used to doing business. Government is (and should be) much more transparent than private business. But when you don't realize that it's a problem. And yes, I certainly recognize that there is corruption and secrecy within government as well and that always needs to be dealt with. Government is NOT business and can't be run exactly the same way. That needs to be understood. There are obviously lots of shared commonalities but they are different. Treating them as one and the same is what is leading to so many of the issues with the current administration.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:32 pm

Shore
I agree with your assessment. That said DT and his administration don't get a pass. If you crow "I'm going to ire the best people" you can't have execution errors like this - this isn't problem solving - people understand that coming up with policies that they may not fully deliver the intended results and may have unintended consequences. This is following an established procedure and directions. This is attention to detail.

DT is pretty obviously not a detail guy - which is fine - a top executive should be a big picture person with vision and direction - but he should have the sense to have that detail guy on his staff and even when that guy makes him tap the breaks when he wants to punch the pedal to the floor he has to remember why he hired the guy.

And I agree DT being in private life and basically having no checks on him doesn't have that skill. Narcissism and lack of impulse control are a bad combination.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:57 pm

Both ShoreLion and Lama make very good and valid points right here. The problem that concerns me is that, when you combine these two points, namely that DT isn't a detail guy and doesn't have one in his back pocket, and they haven't brought in anyone that has any real political experience (that they are willing to actually listen to) this becomes a real problem. Never mind the alternative facts and blatant untruths that get paraded on a very frequent basis. Forget about the revolving door for staff and assistants. Don't even worry about the possibility that some of his people may or may not have intentionally or inadvertently dealt with cats from Russia playing a game of 'what if' with our democracy. None of that matters when the guy in office really only had one goal, and that was to undo the previous administrations accomplishments. Beyond that, and the stupid wall and stupider parade, I don't know what this president really wants to have as a legacy.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:16 pm

You don't need to be Stonewall Jackson to know you don't want to fight in a basement and you don't need to be James Carville to know you don't circle the wagons around a guy who beats women. This isn't political inexperience. It's callous indifference.