The Ongoing New Financial Era Thread

psu_dad

Re: The Ongoing New Financial Era Thread

Postby psu_dad » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:04 am

Some people are predicting that Apple stock will bottom out at $120 a share. Three months ago, it was trading at $230. I own Apple stock. I want executive heads to roll. Not figuratively. Literally.

Klaatu barada nikto

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:26 am

"Extremism in defense of 401ks is no vice" -- psu_dad
Is it baseball season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:05 pm

Our entire economic system, including both the federal government and the private sector, should be governed by one over-arching principle: How does this affect psu_dad? I don't understand why this is so god-damned complicated.
Last edited by psu_dad on Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Klaatu barada nikto

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:07 pm

Younger brother must be pooping his pants, today....Apple is down $15 and change. YB's all in with Apple which comprises the majority of his retirement account. I've been avoiding it like the plague which could be one of the few good investing decisions I've made. Looks like he'll be a working man for a while longer.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:37 pm

Apple is down 40% in the last three months. And their annual stockholder's meeting is in February. That should be interesting.

Klaatu barada nikto

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:59 pm

I propose we close the market at 1:00 so I can go out and buy a pair of spats.

Mrs psu_dad: You can't wear spats with bunny slippers.
Me: Sure you can.
Klaatu barada nikto

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:47 pm

The Government Shutdown Will Cost More Than Trump's $5 Billion Border Wall Funding, According to Experts

Putting this here due to the financial implications.

Hopefully someone figures out what a colossal waste this is and puts an end to it in the next day or so. I actually had an idea to solve it: Trump and Schumer both whip it out and whomever's is bigger wins. I mean, that's pretty much what this is anyway so let's stop just doing it metaphorically. Let's get some cameras and some rulers and figure out who's is bigger and declare a winner and end this stupidity.

Just don't add Pelosi to the contest. I bet hers is bigger than Trump and Schumer's combined.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:31 am

I read an article in the WSJ about the Dollar Tree store chain. I've never been in one, but the article indicated that everything in the store was a dollar or less. What can you sell for a dollar? A friggin candy bar costs a dollar around here.
Klaatu barada nikto

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:58 am

There is a Dollar Tree near me and I pick up a few things from time to time. You'd be surprised at what you can get for a $1 actually. I get shampoo and soap that I use at the gym. Works just as well on my hair as the $10 stuff my wife buys and keeps in our shower at home.

The one by me is always freezing in the winter and boiling in the summer. To save money, they don't turn on the heat or the AC. I was talking to one of the cashiers one day about it and she said a few of the employees called the state about the conditions in the store. This was in the summer and the state came and told them they had to turn the AC down. The manager apparently said it was "broken". Cashier told me they got it fixed end of August (my original discussion on this was in June).

So, ok to go in and shop in one but I don't advise employment there. Not if you can avoid it, at least.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:40 pm

I predict that by the time the market opens tomorrow this Brexit vote thing is completely forgotten about. I mean, at that point it will have been over 12 hours ago! Who cares about stuff that happened yesterday.