Winter Olympics Thread

Crowbar

Winter Olympics Thread

Postby Crowbar » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:10 pm

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! :D

Hopefully the Americans clean-up when it comes to winning medals.

More importantly, hopefully South Korea and North Korea can use the games as a springboard to a more peaceful future. It was cool seeing a unified Korea team come out. However, it looked like you could cut the tension with a knife in the booth with Mike Pence and Kim Jung Un's sister in it.
41-33.

LioninVa

Re: Winter Olympics Thread

Postby LioninVa » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:59 pm

I love the Olympic Games, winter or summer. We got our first ever luge medal, a silver, this morning and the cat was so excited and gracious. Just what I like to see.

I’m with you, Crowbar. I hope we clean up. I expected the brother and sister duo to do better in mixed curling but they are still fun to watch.

will2be

Postby will2be » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:57 pm

Both Koreas being together is probably the best thing that happened to this world in 2018. The Games are always interesting to watch, though a bit odd to follow all the political stuff going on around them, with Russia and all that, it's just the opposite of the idea of the Olympic Games

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:29 pm

The unified Korea is awesome, even if it is just for a few weeks. Unfortunately, I think we go back to the status quo in a few weeks. I get the impression the U.S., South Korea and North Korea have no desire to try and resolve their differences. :(
41-33.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:30 pm

With that said, USA is hanging in there with 3 gold medals and 6 medals overall, so far!
41-33.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:51 pm

I enjoy watching Olympic level athletes bust it for themselves and their respective countries. I hope the best win, I love an underdog any day and root for them. I'm not that concerned that we, USA, win everything all the time. I like seeing the best on the best stage and event in the World, the Olympic Games. There was a crazy accident in the luge when a USA women crashed but fortunately she walked away, hopefully unscathed.