Beer and Booze

Blue&White

Re: Beer and Booze

Postby Blue&White » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:55 am

To each their own. There is no "right" answer to things like beer. You like what you like. Except when it comes to Budweiser. I think we can all agree that Budweiser is never the right answer.
Is it baseball season yet?

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:26 pm

Shit just got real

Seriously, we need to start taking this seriously before I need a bank loan to buy a 6 pack.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:46 pm

Was that article purposely silly? If we have massive drought activity, isn't the price of a BLT also going to skyrocket? I like BLTs.
Klaatu barada nikto

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:16 pm

I think it was trying to focus on an aspect of this that will get people's attention.

Tell America their BLTs are going away and most will shrug and think "well, I'll just eat something else, then".

Tell America that their beer is going away and people be like "I don't think so". As we all know, we are a country that likes beer. Just saying that can get you off the hook for almost anything.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:16 am

Just so's I can prove to you neanderthals that I'm an evolved male, I tried a Leinenkugel Harvest Patch Shandy last night.....pumpkin flavored beer....and really, really liked it. I would order that one again. But forget the Brussels sprouts.....that will never happen. Not in this lifetime or the next.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:26 am

Young man, there's no need to feel down
I said, young man, pick yourself off the ground
I said, young man, 'cause you're in a new town
There's no need ... to ...be ... unhappy
Klaatu barada nikto

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:00 pm

I am going through a bit of a cocktails stage right now. I've decided that I'm not a huge fan of Old Fashions but I really do like Manhattans. I do them with bourbon (I understand you can do them with rye as well). Anyone else here a cocktail drinker? I'm looking for additioanl suggestions.

Also, on Wednesday a friend and I went to a whiskey tasting. They had the guys from Dad's Hat come down and talk about their distillery. They make an authetic Pennsylvania rye (which, as I learned, is where rye originated). The rye is all sourced in Bucks County, PA but the barley for the malt is from the Michicgan and Wisconsin. It was ok. I'm not a huge rye guy and prefer bourbon, personally. What was fun about it, for me, was the guy doing the talk about the whiskeys was talking about the "bouquet" of each one, and what you smell and taste for each of them. I got none of that. He'ls talking about it having a "nose of green apple" and I'm like "I just smell whiskey, dude". It was a fun time, though, although I didn't buy a bottle of rye. I got on the mailing list for the next tasting this place has.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:55 pm

I've never been a mixed drink or cocktail person, just primarily beer when I drink. The occasional margarita somebody shoves in my hand at a summer party is about it. I always thought I should have a go to "grown up" drink but it just never happened. Maybe some day . . . .

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:40 pm

I got into whiskey about 5 years ago or so and I really like it. I usually drink it neat or on the rocks. I spend the money on good stuff so I don't need to cut it. But, for some strange reason lately I've been in the mood to try cocktails. Maybe because a few friends of mine drink them.

Btw, not a margarita guy. Never was. Don't like the salt, not a fan of tequilla. I just stay away. Also, you can never go wrong with beer. One of life's little certainties.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:22 pm

Anyone else here a cocktail drinker?

To the extent I drink cocktails, it most often involves vodka -- a screwdriver or vodka martini. Those are my go-to drinks at social functions where people are drinking cocktails (weddings, etc.). There are also food-specific drinks I enjoy occasionally, like a margarita at a Mexican restaurant or a Mai Tai at a Chinese restaurant.

Never really acquired a taste for any of the whiskey variants. Or gin.
Klaatu barada nikto