Beer and Booze

psu_dad

Re: Beer and Booze

Postby psu_dad » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:18 am

NTTAWWT

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:21 am

I find all those "hard" sodas and lemonades and whatever are just too sweet for me. Maybe the hard selzter doesn't taste like sugar water but my very limited experience with the other "hard" drinks is they all do. I just can't drink something that sweet anymore.

If you can, more power to you.
Is it baseball season yet?

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:58 am

If you pour them over ice - the melting ice dilutes the sweetness. It's not something I go with for an 8 hour drink fest but one or two on a hot day are nice.

And yes I realize my affinity for these drinks, cat ownership and having voted for DT probably represents a 3 strikes violation for many on this board and I should take the necessary personal safety precautions.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:05 am

Your safety is fine but don't expect to eat a meal out in peace any time soon. As we speak, a squad of NF.com commandos are tracking your every move and planning to scream at you while you try to grab a burger out on the town.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:10 am

I don't care about the DT thing. But the cat ownership requires immediate revocation of your Man Card.

--------------------

Seriously, while I'm a dog lover, I like cats, too. I actually think they're more practical for single people because you can go out after work and they'll be fine. You can take off for the weekend and they'll be fine. Dogs are high maintenance. We'd probably have both a dog and a cat, but my wife and oldest son are allergic to cats, so that was never an option.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:34 am

I'm allegeric to cats, too. But, I have nothing against Cats. I just have something against people who have cats. :twisted:

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:29 am

The cat was courtesy of daughter of an ex gf who was in an apartment - and not on lease - and despite being told "don't get a pet if you are not on lease or own place" got a dog and cat. When she had to move back home with her father he was willing to take the dog (and he already had two dogs) but not the cat.

So I ended up with a cat. I don't care if someone doesn't like cats - or dogs - but if you get a pet you see it through - you don't neglect it, you don't abandon it and you don't take it to shelter because it's not convenient anymore.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:42 am

sameoldlama wrote:I don't care if someone doesn't like cats - or dogs - but if you get a pet you see it through - you don't neglect it, you don't abandon it and you don't take it to shelter because it's not convenient anymore.

Amen! And I never thought I would be a cat owner either and have always had dogs but I've enjoyed my cats immensely.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:30 pm

I don't care if someone doesn't like cats - or dogs - but if you get a pet you see it through - you don't neglect it, you don't abandon it and you don't take it to shelter because it's not convenient anymore.

I've been involved in dog recuse for over 4 years and you would not believe some of the horror stories. People who turn their dogs into kill shelters before going on vacation. People who move and leave their dogs in the backyard with no food or water. There were a few stories in the past year or so about families who had senior dogs - in excess of 10 years old - and dropped them off at shelters for whatever demented reasons. My dogs are part of my family. And when they get old, I will take care of them the same way I would any of my family members.

Sometimes life throws you a curve ball and you have to rehome a pet. It happens. We've had some dogs show up at the rescue for rehoming because of a divorce, a job loss, an illness, etc. It happens. Most people are doing their best and I have empathy for people trying to find good homes for pets they can no longer keep due to cirucmstances (although your specific circumstance my change empathy to outrage). But, people who just dump dogs into shelters to die alone and afraid. Let's just say that I don't specifically believe in karma but I sometims sure wish for it.

And, to keep this thread on track, it drives me to the liquor stor to pick up soom good beer of whisky.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:59 pm

Blue&White wrote:I'm allegeric to cats, too. But, I have nothing against Cats. I just have something against people who have cats. :twisted:

Mrs. Mad had a cat. She would divorce me if she knew how much I enjoyed it when my dog would stand at the entrance to the TV room and forbid the cat passage into the next room. The cat would yowl and scream until Sadie would take a few steps to the side, let the cat pass, then chase her through the living room, up the steps and down the hallway to the front bedroom. It was.....priceless. Zuzu the cat lived to be twenty two and began to do horrible things in the house. I begged her (the cat, not Mrs. Mad) to give up the ghost, but she lived on. Finally, MM relented and agreed that it was time. As the vet administered the shot, I had a sudden, horrible vision of the future when Sadie, my beloved English Setter, would be on that same table for the same reason. The thought of it choked me up. The vet noticed and remarked that she understood how difficult a moment this was for me. I didn't have the nerve to tell her I was thinking of my dog, not the cat. The only way another cat will take up residence in this house is over my cold, dead body. Does that make me a had person?
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.