Beer and Booze

psu_dad

Re: Beer and Booze

Postby psu_dad » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:54 pm

When that post started, I thought it was a Dr. Seuss book.

Mrs. Mad had a cat.
In my slipper, it did shat.

Then it got kinda dark. I'm glad to hear you didn't clear up the Vet's confusion. though. That could have gotten seriously awkward. You're not a bad person. You just miss your dog. It's easy to relate to that.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:19 pm

Shore Lion wrote:
sameoldlama wrote:I don't care if someone doesn't like cats - or dogs - but if you get a pet you see it through - you don't neglect it, you don't abandon it and you don't take it to shelter because it's not convenient anymore.

Amen! And I never thought I would be a cat owner either and have always had dogs but I've enjoyed my cats immensely.

I never grew up with animals actually hated cats but decided to get an indoor/outdoor cat 11 years ago (I had no choice as a litter of cats was born under my mom's deck). This cat has been by my side the entire time. She follows me out to the garden and anywhere I go in the house. She is not a lap cat at all so that is all good in my book. She doesn't' get on furniture or onto the counter tops. And the best thing about the cat is that she is my secret killer of yard animals- rabbits, moles, and voles!! She actually took out a small opossum a few years ago. I never knew I had so much vegetation on my property until I got my cat. Love the indoor/outdoor cat!

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:16 pm

The guy at my beer story talked me into Bell's The Oracle. It's a double IPA that is available for like 2 months in the summer. It's the beer equivalent of the Mackinaw Peaches.

Just cracked one open and it's pretty darn tasty.
Is it baseball season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:41 am

You should have split a case with Newman.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:46 am

Fall is my favorite time of year for beer. I love the fall beers, and I'm a big fan of the pumpkin spice beers. I generally don't like fruity beers but the pumpkin ones are the exception. This year I tried a new one:

I've honestly had better but it's pretty good. The Southern Tier is still the gold standard.

I also picked up a 12 pack sample from Oskar Blues brewery, known as the canundrum. I've liked every single can I've tried so far. It is really good and if you can find it I highly recommend picking up the sampler.

What is everyone else drinking?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:06 pm

This time of year I switch to Samuel Adams Octoberfest as my "go to" beer. I got a case last week. I'm consistent. Boring, but consistent.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:22 pm

The Octoberfest is one of the few Sam products I still enjoy. Big fan of it.

psudelco

Postby psudelco » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:45 pm

I love Dale's Pale Ale, had a Sly Fox Octoberfest which was really good also Hofbrau Octoberfestbier also delicious. I mainly stay with IPAs not a big fan of pumpkin beers

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:41 am

I love pumpkin pie....in fact, I ate a big ole slice for dessert last night. So why, then, does the taste of pumpkin beer turn me off? I don't know except that I just don't like it. A waitress tried to interest me in pumpkin flavored coffee last week when I was down south. Yechhhhh!
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:10 am

What Mad said.

I have similar feelings about both beer and coffee. I gravitate towards quality, but prefer the basic flavor of both items. Variations in brewing style are fine, like lager vs. ale in beer or cappuccino vs latte in coffee. But leave additional flavoring out of it. If I want to taste pumpkin, I'll have a slice of pumpkin pie WITH my coffee, not IN my coffee.