Beer and Booze

Blue&White

Re: Beer and Booze

Postby Blue&White » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:18 pm

Picked up a 6 of Sierra Nevada Sidecar Orange IPA. An IPA brewed with orange peels. I wasn't sure about it but I'm really enjoying it.

Is it football season yet?

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:03 pm

My body chemistry must be changing. I no longer enjoy hoppy beers. I prefer a nice wheat beer with a slight hint of hops. Troegs is out......they make very hoppy beers. I drank a Molson last night....my first Molson in years. Not bad.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:39 am

I am going to be straight up on IPAs, they give me the runs! Hops have been used since the start of time to help with constipation. One of my favorite beers is Brooklyn Lager! IPA or Pale ales do me wrong! First cup by Troeg's is absolutely brilliant! It has 45 IBU with 6.5% alcohol. It is the prefect blend but the problem is that it is a seasonal beer! IPAs have been making microbrews a lot of money the last 10 years. IPAs are great if you are eating food at the bar but if you are planning a day with friends then an IPA makes little sense.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:17 am

Not a big ale guy generally speaking and not a big IPA guy specifically. There are a few Belgian ales I enjoy. I've always been mostly a lager guy. Brooklyn Lager is on my short list of those to try.
Fire Alex Cora

Nat@PSU

Postby Nat@PSU » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:06 pm

I've been on a New England style IPA kick lately (unfiltered, less abrasively hoppy, all around delicious).

I'd recommend Heretics "Juicier than Thou" or "Make America Juicy Again" (hate the name, love the beer).
- Nat

Let's Go State!!