2017 NFL Football Season

psu_dad

Re: 2017 NFL Football Season

Postby psu_dad » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:13 pm

So, lose to the 49ers? <shrug>

I heard Francesa's opening rant today. He's not taking this as calmly as you are. :D

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:26 pm

I heard that too. He's hilarious.

Giants owner John Mara released the following statement today:

"Ben McAdoo is our head coach and has our support. We are in the midst of an extremely disappointing season. Our performance this year, particularly the past two weeks, is inexcusable and frustrating. While we appreciate that our fans are unhappy with what has occurred, nobody is more upset than we are. "Our plan is to do what we have always done, which is to not offer a running commentary on the season. It is our responsibility to determine the reasons for our poor performance and at the end of the year, we will evaluate the 2017 season in its entirety and make a determination on how we move forward."

B&W's translation: "If I have to sit through the rest of this miserable season and pay Ben McAdoo, then there is no way he gets to leave early. No. F*cking. Way. Let that b@stard suffer with the rest of us and twist on the string."

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:07 pm

Ben McAdoo:
That neighbor who takes the tarp off his '82 t-top Camaro every Saturday, washes and waxes it, then puts the tarp back on without ever leaving his carport...

I'd say I feel sorry for you but you won a few rings in my lifetime. I would tune into the Mets offseason moves :D

Who knows what the Eagles will do but they are looking fantastical. I cannot wait to scrape Cowboys off the pavement Sunday night!

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:09 am

I'm with you on the McAdoo description except I think he drives that Camaro all over town thinking he's the coolest guy around. I won't miss him or his cheesy moustache when he's gone. And don't feel bad for me. I sure wouldn't feel bad for you if the Eagles were crapping the bed in a year they were picked to win their division. The Giants will bounce back eventually, but it's probably going to be a few years. They need to restock and rebuild. The thing about the NFL vs. baseball is it's a lot easier to start over. The NFL model is built to try to create parity. Any team with semi coherent ownership and management (too bad, Cleveland fans) can go from a bad team to a playoff team in a year or 2. There is always a lot of salary cap moves that put good players back on the market, the draft lets team restock quickly, and there are always a lot of free agents.

The real challenge is finding a QB who can lead a team. That is the difference between teams that win and teams that don't. The Giants have been lucky they had a good to very good QB for a long time. They won 2 championships with him. He's at the end of his road and his days and, personally, I think the Giants should be looking towards the future and their next QB at this point. They are being stupid by not playing the rookie they drafted in my view. Oh well.

In other NFL news, it looks like Jerry Jones fellow owners may try to force him to sell the Cowboys. I'll believe that when I see them even try to do such a thing. I think Jones is a clown but threatening to take his team from him because he voices a different opinion about an asshat like Roger Goodell is probably not a good way to win back fans. For a league so obsessed with their image it's amazing to me how they consistently screw things like this up and air their dirty laundry in public .

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:13 am

He's at the end of his road and his days

He's still a young man. Maybe he needs to read this book. And get more kale and beet greens in his diet.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:43 am

Kale has the same effect as Genny Creme Ale does on the lower GI system. Perhaps, BDUB would volunteer to perform a side-by-side comparison.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:14 am

psu_dad wrote:And get more kale and beet greens in his diet.

Again with the kale. Someone's gonna get Kale of the Month for Christmas whether they like it or not and it won't be me.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:34 am

There's going to be a bag of these in your Christmas stocking. Nacho-flavored. Yummy. You can wash them down with a cup of bone broth.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:40 am

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:44 am

psu_dad wrote:You can wash them down with a cup of bone broth.

Question about the bone broth: Is it the kind that shows a guy and his woman in separate bathtubs on the wrapper? If so, that's not my brand...

:D