2017 NFL Football Season

PSUgrower

Re: 2017 NFL Football Season

Postby PSUgrower » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:58 pm

My hometown is filled with a lot of pride at the moment. The new Bears coach, Matt Nagy, was hired as the coach of Da Bears! He graduated a year after me but we lived in a small town so you pretty know everyone. This guy has worked his ass off to become a head coach and has great family backing him. He is crazy smart and dedicated so it will be interesting to see how he runs things. Da Bears will be my 2nd favorite team at the moment! BTW- his last name is pronounced Neggy and not Naggy. An executive producer for CSN Chicago is also from my hometown (graduated a year ahead of me) so she is helping the country pronounce his name correctly.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:27 am

That's very cool. Shame that the graduation class ahead of you got all the successful people. 8-)

Seriously, though, that's a good story. Small town kid makes it big. A former Giants 1st round pick, Justin Pugh, is from the town I live in. He went to the high school my kids attend and Pugh's mother was the 6th grade teacher for both my sons. It's tough to be a Giants fan where I live but they will forgive you if you wear a Pugh jersey.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:24 am

Word this morning is that Patriots DC Matt Patricia will spurn the Giants and instead be the next head coach for the Detroit Lions. I'm going to assume that Detroit offered a lot more money because I can't fathom any reason anyone would prefer to coach the Lions over the Giants. The Lions have been a mess of an organization for years. They went decades without a playoff appearance, much less a win. They are on part with organizations like the Bengals and the Jets - flashes of mediocrity but they never get the golden ring and not enough stability or ownership intelligence to get over the hump. The Giants are an NFL elite organization. They provide support and stability. They don't make quick moves and they play the long game (although they will move from mistakes quickly when necessary as they did with McAdoof).

If the reports are right, he made the wrong choice.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:36 pm

The Giants are still holding out for Belichick. My sources tell me his wife has been checking out houses in Oyster Bay, so it's just a matter of time.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:05 pm

Eagles make it to the Championship game next Sunday!! I was at a party last night and it got a little crazy when the Falcons failed on 4th down. Anywho, bring on the Vikings and their defense (kidding of course). It will be interesting to see how Keenum performs outside in the elements. I just looked at weather and it will be half decent as of now.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:59 pm

I was surprised the Eagles won that game. I thought for sure the Falcons would win just because of how poor the Eagles offense is. Their D did an incredible job shutting down the Falcons. I'd be surprised if their lack of offense gets them any further, but I guess we'll find out. I do think, though, that Nick Foles has validated the decision to trade him to the Rams a few years ago. They are a totally different - and significantly better - team with Wentz running the offense. I think if Wentz was healthy, the Eagles would be the team to beat in the post season. With him they are the total package. Without him, they can't score.

The other surprise to me was the Jaguars beating the Steelers. It's hard not to root for them in next weeks game vs. New England, unless your'e a Pats fan, of course.

Saints are 1 quarter and 10 points from elimination. I like the Vikings to hold on and then to beat the Eagles next week. Most likely this is going to be a Vikings-Patriots Super Bowl but I'm hoping for a Vikings-Jacksonville game.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:33 pm

I'm hoping for a Vikings-Jacksonville game.

Hard not to. A Case Keenum vs Blake Bortles SB would be an absolute hoot. :lol:

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:02 pm

Nice job jinxing the Vikings, BTW.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:08 pm

You were saying?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:08 pm

Holy Sh*t