2017 NFL Football Season

Nat@PSU

Re: 2017 NFL Football Season

Postby Nat@PSU » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:31 am

sameoldlama wrote:I actually believe if the Giants have decent D personnel and if their receivers get healthy, they shore up OL via FA and early round draft picks, take Saquon at #2 then B&W won't will be doing a lot of beer drinking and TV watching next fall of weekends rather than yard work. He will also wear the color blue for four consecutive months.

This is what is incredible about the NFL. The Giants went 3-13 this year and with those relatively small changes heading into next year have a legit shot to be and NFC contender. The NFL is weird.
- Nat

Let's Go State!!

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:15 pm

Brady may be out for Sunday. I'd say that's big problem for the Patriots. Good thing they traded away all their other QBs.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:38 pm

So, that whole thing about Brady's hand was BS, right? Just the Pats psyching people out is my take.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:06 pm

I know it’s early, but Jax is bringing it so far. They will keep 85% of the county watching. I’m hoping they keep it up no offense, _dad, I am just not a fan of Belichek and Company. Not that I have a favorite NFL team, my allegiance shifts when my fantasy draft is complete!

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:35 pm

Why would I take offense at that? I'm not employed by the Patriots. I'm just a doofus who watches them from the comfort of my couch. Most fandom is just an accident of birth anyways and we don't pick where we're born. If I were born in Akron, I'd probably be a Browns fan <shudder>.

Now if you tell me you prefer Manhattan Clam Chowder over New England Clam Chowder, then we have a problem.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:41 pm

Well, most of the Patriots fans I know seem genuinely astonished to find out some people are fans of other teams! Same could be said for Redskins and Cowboys fans, in my opinion.

As for clam chowder, I do not recognize anything other than the New England variety...

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:53 pm

psu_dad wrote:Why would I take offense at that? I'm not employed by the Patriots. I'm just a doofus who watches them from the comfort of my couch. Most fandom is just an accident of birth anyways and we don't pick where we're born. If I were born in Akron, I'd probably be a Browns fan <shudder>.

Now if you tell me you prefer Manhattan Clam Chowder over New England Clam Chowder, then we have a problem.

Is.that actually possible? In a world of certain uncertainty, I would question anyone's sanity who prefers N.E. clam chowder over Manhattan.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:56 pm

Is it just me or does anyone else think Tony Romo is a much-needed breath of fresh air in the broadcast booth?
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:16 pm

Exciting game. When it's this close hard to think Brady won't get it done, but Jaguars look good. They just went up 20 - 10 as I type this.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:23 pm

Good call on the strip fumble. That has to take some of the wind out of the Patriots. That and confirmation Gronkoski is done.

Meanwhile, down in Philly...