2017 NFL Football Season

psu_dad

Re: 2017 NFL Football Season

Postby psu_dad » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:13 pm

I won't be shocked at all if he comes back.

There's been several Boston radio personalities who were on the air for decades and I can't remember a single one who just walked away (permanently) while still healthy and pulling ratings. I remember one or two who died. I remember some whose bad health required them to retire. I remember some who were forced to resign because of a controversy. I remember some who eventually lost their appeal with the next generation of listeners and had their ratings fall. But people generally don't just walk away on top. It's not like it's real work. You make $$$ giving your opinion on stuff. Most people do that for free.

Assuming he's healthy, I'm guessing he goes nuts in his retirement and comes back.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:23 pm

He didn't say he's retiring. He specifically said he has some other ventures planned. He's just leaving WFAN. He's been there for 30 years, he's in his early 60s, and he probably figured it is time to do something else. I know he has two young kids at home (like 12 or so) so maybe he's planning to spend even more time with them (the guy works from 1 to 6:30, he probably sees his kids a lot). But, I don't think he plans to just sit home and wait to die. I suspect he does something.

Maybe he's going to hone his managing skills so if Aaron Boone (and his wife's goodies) get run out of town, he's ready for that call!
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:14 am

Merry Christmas, everyone.

Can someone explain to me the call on the Kelvin Benjamin TD catch? How was that not a catch? I watched it 6 times and I don't see where he didn't have possession. And, how did someone in the studio decide there was "clear and convincing" evidence to support overturning the call on the field?

Do the guys in the studio all sit there in their Tom Brady jerseys, waiting to hand him an advantage? (cue dad coming to defend the Patriots).
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:27 am

Since I have no idea what you are talking about I have only one question. Was the other team the Pats? If so you have your answer, if not stack it up to arbitrary and capricious NFL rules interpretation. :oops: Apparently the NFL is using a steady stream of former Big 10 d!p$H!t$ officials.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:23 pm

I saw two td catches in short order yesterday that the booth determined were not touchdowns. Th first was the Bills against the Pats. The other was the Chiefs, ruled incomplete but it looked like both feet were in. That one came with no explanation.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:24 am

Do the guys in the studio all sit there in their Tom Brady jerseys, waiting to hand him an advantage? (cue dad coming to defend the Patriots).

Imagine that you saw a show on the Discovery Channel about Bigfoot and speculated that there may be something to it. How would you expect me to respond?
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:54 pm

psu_dad wrote:Do the guys in the studio all sit there in their Tom Brady jerseys, waiting to hand him an advantage? (cue dad coming to defend the Patriots).

Imagine that you saw a show on the Discovery Channel about Bigfoot and speculated that there may be something to it. How would you expect me to respond?

Like this?

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7386 ... ealkid.jpg
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:05 pm

The spirit of Horty!

lol

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:22 pm

I swear to god that the Eagles are defensively offsides more than any team in NFL history (I have zero evidence to back that up except using my eyes and feelings). I think the coach should make a rule that is a defensive player goes offsides the captain on the offensive side of the ball gets to kick that man in the balls. I am pretty sure the amount of defensive offsides will change quickly!

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:58 pm

6 - 0??!!

Jeez, that's painful.